Chapter 19 [!]

"No, I've just been in my hotel room since I arrived." Harry told his boss over the phone while he was flipping through the channels on the TV in his room. He shook his head as he continued to speak to him. "The flight wasn't so bad. I slept for most of it and then I slept once I got in." Harry then laughed at his boss' comment. 

His boss called him that morning, letting Harry know that he'd be arriving in California later that day. Harry almost missed his call because he was in such a deep sleep from all the plane travel he had just previously done. Plus, he did his best to stay awake so he could call Niall but his boss didn't need to know that.

"I'll be working on it a bit later today and we can chat about what I've got over dinner." Harry said, agreeing to his boss' invitation to go out and have dinner together to plan out this work trip. 

Then his boss asked him what he planned on doing with the rest of his day, besides working. He would be calling Niall, hoping not to catch him too late on the other side of the world. Harry didn't like the timezone that now separated them and he'd much rather be able to be with Niall in person now that he's gotten that chance. 

"I'm not going to do too much. Just relax and make sure I have everything set to go for tomorrow." Harry scratched at his nose before taking in a breath. Then he cleared his throat while listening to his boss tell him that he wished he could have traveled a day earlier because he wouldn't let his body to adjust before he put himself straight to work. 

They chatted for a bit after that, mostly about their clients in Pasadena and what would be expected of Harry when they all got together. This wasn't Harry's first time traveling outside of his home country to go and meet with clients but his boss would always remind him of what he needed to do. Harry never argued with his boss so he just let him talk.

Plus, since he already knew what he work he should be doing, Harry could just think about how happy he'd be to be able to speak to Niall again. He was quite tired when he arrived so he didn't have the best chance of being able to chat with him for hours. 

After ending his call with his boss, Harry checked his phone for any emails that he needed any immediate responses or any from the clients he would be working with while he was in California. 

Then he ordered room service for a late lunch, which was different when he was in America. The portions of his food were much larger than back home and the first time he ever ordered food, he had ordered way too much because he wasn't expecting the amount he received. He ended up making it last for an entire other meal. 

Harry also set time aside to look over the new schedule his boss must have sent him from the airport because it hadn't been in his inbox before he ordered up lunch. As he enjoyed his sandwich, Harry had his laptop open on his lap and began typing out his business outline that he would send to his boss so they could discuss it over dinner that same night. 

Once he finished his document and sent it back to his boss, Harry checked the time before he began to calculate exactly what time it would be right now for Niall. He wanted to make sure that it was a reasonable hour for Niall, Harry not knowing how late he ever was up until. He's only spent the night at his apartment once and they talked for a quite some time. 

With his phone back to being pressed against his ear, Harry waited until he heard the 'click' sound to know that Niall had picked up."I didn't think you'd answer." 

"Why not?" Niall's voice asked him.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know? Work?" He asked him, not wanting to sound too down in case Niall did have to work tonight as 'Lucky'. He didn't want to be in the way of that just yet.