Chapter 24

Tonight was going to be different.

He was so glad that he wouldn't be returning to the office in the morning. That meant that he could stay out longer and be with his new friends and Niall as long as he wanted to. He could enjoy the night without having to worry about feeling down when it came to letting Niall know that he had to leave. Harry didn't have to leave Niall at all.

His morning meeting with a very high profitable client went pretty well. The only thing Harry could have done without was when his fellow team member and employee put the blame on Harry for the poor demo that was arranged. All Harry could do was stuck up for himself and the truth was he wasn't even told about having a demo prepared for this particular client. The boss had to talk to the both of them afterwards to straighten the situation out, knowing Harry's work ethic and also believing Harry would never do such a thing.

As much as Harry was annoyed with his childish team member, he wasn't going to let that ruin the rest of his day. He would take the rest of his Friday in a positive stride.

That was exactly what he did and he almost got away with a pretty all right day until he passed by Jacelyn's desk. He just had to accept that this was inevitable.

"Hey, Harry, before you go I just wanted to let you know that me and a few friends of mine are going out tonight." She said with a smile before glancing down at her desk. "I don't know if it's something that would interest you, but there's this pub, Gavin's, and they have live music." She trailed off after that, early implying that it was an invitation for Harry.

"Um," He can't find his words because he's already going to be there and he can't decline when she's going to see him there having a great time with one of the performers. She was going to see him with Niall, who happened to be another man. Right now all he felt was panicky. Then the upcoming Monday when he passes by her desk will be extremely uncomfortable.

Leave it to this girl to ruin things for him.

"Come on. It's a Friday night and I've noticed a different step in your stride lately." She told him.

He started with a shrug of his shoulders. "Sounds like fun. I think my mates will have to go there sometime." His jaw almost clenched as he tried to decline another attempt of her asking him on a date.

"That would be amazing to have an entire group together!" With her elbows propped on top of her desk, she folded her hands and rested her chin on top of them. "Who knew you had the ability to make plans, Mr. Styles?" Jacelyn teased.

That wasn't his intention.

"Just came to me, I suppose." He muttered under his breath. "I have a train to catch."

"See you tonight!" She called out to him as he walked away towards the lifts.

Harry let out a sigh, instead of the groan he'd rather make, rubbing at his head like he was suffering from a terrible migraine all of the sudden. He couldn't let something like this get to him. He was an adult for God's sake.

After the door to the lift opened and Harry walked in he pulled his phone from his pocket to send Niall a text message.

Harry

On my way back to mine. Changing and will meet you all there.

He put his phone back into his pocket after that, thinking he wouldn't get a response from Niall right away. He also didn't feel like obsessing over every email he was likely to receive from work. Harry was off the clock and tonight he was going to act like he was.

In the taxi and on the train Harry felt excited about seeing Niall and Niall's friends again. He didn't know if Liam and Louis considered him to be a friend of theirs so he didn't want to categorise them that way for himself. Harry enjoyed their company, not as much as Niall's, so he felt like they were moving towards being friends.