Chapter 37

Ben's POV

He was actually here. James came and saved me. I didn't think that he'd actually be able to find me, but he did. Right now he was carrying me down the stairs with Leo and Dom following behind. When we got downstairs all of the warrior wolves were already outside waiting for us. I looked around and saw all of the dead bodies causing my stomach to churn. I buried my head into James shoulder making me wince from the cuts on my face.

The smell was disgusting. Like rouges and blood. The light breeze against my skin made me realize we were finally out of that horrible cabin.

"Gorgeous, can you come out for a second?" James softly asked me. It took me a second before I gained the courage to look at all of the people that just helped save my life.

"Woah," I gasped as I stared at the warriors with side eyes. Every single one of them was bowing down to the two of us. They were all still in wolf of form too. Rustling was heard from behind James and me before two wolves walked out from behind us. Dom and Leo went and did the same thing as the rest of the warriors. Leo lifted his head a bit before he let out a loud howl. The other warriors followed in suit and soon all that could be heard was howling. It sounded creepy but calming if that makes any sense.

"I'm going to shift and then you can get on my back. It's gonna be the fastest way to get back to the pack house." James explained gently to me. I nodded as he carefully set me down before moving away a little. I watched in awe as he shifted into his huge pitch black wolf. Ever since I was young I've always enjoyed watching others shift. Since I couldn't, because I'm an omega, it always fascinated me. James laid down on the ground making me realize he wanted me to get on. I made sure to wrap my arms tightly around his neck and hold on to him tight.

I did not want to fall off.

~~

The second we got to the pack house everyone cheered at us when they saw me. This caused a blush to light up my cheeks. James quickly shifted, while I was on him, so when he was back in human form I was in his back. Before anyone could say anything he rushed me to the pack hospital where Alex, the head doctor, was already waiting for us. James hastily took me into the alpha room that was bigger than the the rooms there.

"Okay so let's get you checked out." Alex smiled at the two of us when he followed us into the room. James set me down on the bed in the middle of the room and pulled a chair until it was right next to the bed so we could hold hands. Alex grabbed a few things from his little cart before making his way over to me. Before he even touched me or anything he showed James what he had grabbed. Most likely so Axel or him wouldn't get mad. Getting an alpha werewolf was practically asking for the death sentence. James nodded after skimming over the items laid out.

Alex smiled at me before checking everything. He put some cream on my cuts and had me hold ice to a couple places on my face. Also, he had to take my blood so he could see how much wolvesbane was in my system. I had told him about what Liam did to me. The entire thing took about an hour because he wanted to be extremely thorough.

"Next, we need to check on that little one growing in your stomach." Alex smiles at the two of us before he went over to a closet and grabbed the ultrasound machine. James grip tightened on my hand making me look over at him. The look on his face was excited and scared. I slowly ran my thumb over the back of his hand which seemed to calm him down a good amount.

"Pull your shirt up please." Alex requested bringing my attention back to planet earth. Before I could even try to move my shirt James did; he made sure to only bring it up to about the middle of my ribs. That made me roll my eyes. Alex felt around my ribs first making me wince.