Chapter 17

Ben's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to press charges? What they did to you is not something we tolerate, homophobic behavior in this school is not allowed." Mr.Holmes my principal British accent rang through my head once again. I was called down to his office during first hour because he wanted to talk to me about pressing charges against Josh and his friends. I didn't want to just because it would be a hassle and I didn't want to have to go through it.

I nodded once again at him with a small smile of my face. He looked at me wearily but nodded none the less. After a minute he gave me my late slip and told me I was free to go back to class, not that I wanted to. I took the slip and silently walked out of his office and towards my second hour. I'd been in his office for awhile so I had to stop at my locker before heading to class.

Everyone stared when I walked in making me blush and shift my gaze to my shoes while pulling in the sleeves on James jersey.

"Care to explain why you're late Mr.Peterson?" Mrs.Madison's snobby voice asked. I just shuffled over to her handing her my late pass before going to my seat in the back of the class. Nobody sat next to me in this class because everyone sat next to their group of friends and well I didn't have any, except Alice and Liam. And we'll now Leo and Dom, and some of James other friends that didn't just hang around him for popularity.

RIIINNNNGGGG

The bell went off signaling the end of class making me jump from my thoughts before quickly grabbing my things and running out of class. I slowed down once I saw James and Leo and quickly walked over to them.

"Hey where were you after first hour?!" James questioned frantically when I got up to him.

"Dude calm down like I said the principal wanted to talk to him about pressing charges on the bastards that beat him up. That's most likely where he was. Right Benny-boo?" Leo quickly jumped in adding on that cringe worthy nickname. I found out fast that Leo has one of the most peppy and happy attitudes EVER. He also likes to give people random (and bad) nicknames that only he can call them. To me he acts like a big brother and in all honesty I wouldn't want it any other way.

"Yup, s-sorry for not telling you." I admitted with a frown.

"Aw don't worry, I'm sorry I snapped I was just worried when you didn't meet me after class." James comforted lifting my chin up with two fingers. I smiled shakily up at him and pulled his head down to meet my lips in a soft, and simple kiss.

It was these kisses and these moments that I loved the most. Call me a sap but I truly love these moments where everything else in the chaotic world we live in melts away and it's just the two of us.

"Awwww how sweet, where's my mate I want a kiss." Leo whined breaking up out little moment. We broke apart and I looked over at Leo who had a distant look in his eyes meaning he was mind-linking someone. The dazed look came of his eyes and he had a light blush on his cheeks and a goofy grin.

"Hmph you ruined my kiss." James whined. I always knew they were super close and practically brothers but I never realized until soon after we became mates how close they actually were. Like they whined and complained to each other more then I've ever seen or heard two people.

"Whatever," Leo mumbled looking over the crowd of people rushing to class until he spotted Dom and a smile grew on his face.

"Gotta go, bye Jamesy (James-e) Benny-boo." He said in a sing-song voice while jogging off towards Dom. James grabbed my hand in his pulling me with him to our next classes that he shared with Leo and I shared with Dom. Usually we walked together but I guess that wasn't happening today.