Chapter 20

James^^

James POV

I slowly opened my sleepy eyes quietly groaning at the sunlight that penetrated the black curtains in my room through a crack. Blinking a few times to get used to the morning light. I looked down as I felt Ben snuggling closer to me, breathing in my scent deeply. I couldn't believe how fast I had fallen for him; I mean when we were younger I had a slight crush on him but I never really saw it ever going anywhere. I always believed I would find my mate and never look back on who I liked or who I thought was cute. But then I found out he was my mate and I couldn't be happier with who I was paired with for the rest of my life.

I looked down at the brown mop of hair. I smiled as I nuzzled my face in it inhaling his scent. I never really had a huge crush on him it was just more of a looks thing. I had always thought he was cute but I never knew him very well and I most certainly did not think we would be mates; not that I wished we weren't because I couldn't be happier. I just never really thought I would have a mate that I already slightly knew and that they would be so perfect.

I looked over at the clock on my side-table seeing it was 8:40 meaning I had training in 20 minutes. I grumbled to myself about not being able to stay with Ben until he woke up but reluctantly got up anyway. And let me tell you, it was a work-out in its own.

Once we found out me were mates I quickly learned that Ben was like a koala bear when he slept. He tended to curl and snuggle up to my body and it was quite the task to get him off. I had to unwrap his arms from around me, put the pillow I was using the night before next to him and unwrap his legs from around me; all while not waking him up.

After a struggle I finally was able to pry Ben off of me and get out of bed. I walked around to the end of my bed to see Ben curled around my pillow making me slightly jealous; I considered skipping training and just jumping into bed with him. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already 8:54 meaning I had six minutes to get ready and be down to the training area.

I quickly and quietly, careful not to wake my precious mate, changed into workout clothes and ran outside to the training field. I got there just in time and saw most of the warriors that had to come were there.

"Well look who finally decided to show up," I heard a playful voice call out making me look around. My eyes finally landed on my father who had a playful glint in his eyes and a smirk on his face. I just smiled mockingly at him while walking towards him.

"Sorry unlike you I actually care about my mate," I joked when I got up to him. My father just glared at me.

"Oh please I care about your dad more than you ever could or will." He growled out with a slightly playful smirk.

"Well I was deeper inside him than you'll ever be." I smiled back. His smirk immediately dropped and his eyes switched to an electric blue meaning his wolf, Gabe, was out.

"Who do you think you are?" He asked, well more like seethed out.

"Well last time I checked I was yo-" I was cut off by my dad walking over.

"What the hell did you do to let Gabe out?" My dad asked once he made it up to us. Gabe's head snapped over to him before pulling him into his arms. My dad just looked extremely pissed off; my father was finally able to push Gabe down with some help from my dad.

"It doesn't matter, but we have training right now." My father answered before I could say anything. I just nodded before looking around the field.

"Yeah I know I just wanted to let James know that everything for your date is finished and set up." My dad informed me with a light smile. I just grinned back clapping my hands in front of me.