Chapter 53

Edited 29/08/2021

Third Person's POV

Kakashi looks over the group of Minami and Leaf Ninja with a critical eye, one hand slowly rubbing at his chin. The small crowd all gaze back at him eagerly, awaiting his deduction in silence.

Kurenai and Asuma exchange a quizzical expression with each other, before turning back to the other Jonin. The two had been surprised that Kakashi had agreed to take on Sirius, considering his earlier firmness in not wanting to fight with the client. Even they didn't know how to approach such a situation.

"Alright" Kakashi finally speaks up, hands now in his pockets. "Here's how things are going to go."

Ashley's brows furrow as she grins up at her Sensei. While she was thankful that he had agreed to help her Clan get rid of Sirius, she was very keen to hear his plan and quickly make it happen. At least when Sirius was gone, she would be able to go back home knowing that the remaining members of her Clan would be happy and safe here.

"There's no way we're going to be able to move across this island as one large group" Kakashi announces. "We'll have to split up into smaller groups and we'll need both a sensory type Ninja in each group, as well as a Minami in each group. We don't know the lay of the land as well as they do, so each Minami will be able to direct the group they're in."

"And how are we meant to keep up with you Leaf Ninja?" Atsui asks smartly, arms folded across his chest. "You all use your chakra to run faster than us."

"Your Wolves can keep up, can't they?" Asuma asks rhetorically, already knowing that the speedy animals can. "Just ride them."

"Tamashi carries me everywhere" Kurai giggles, reaching out and petting the shaggy Wolf's shoulder. "And Jet's big enough to carry Shimei with no problem."

"I'm like, totally happy to carry Kiyu-chan" Keilor agrees, tail wagging. "She's like, as light as a feather! I can barely even like, notice that she's riding on my back."

Kiyumi gives her Wolf a closed eye smile as Saffire and Fang grin at each other, before nodding.

"No problem!" Tsumetai squeaks, holding his tiny hand up in a peace sign. "Tai-chan can carry Atsui-chan easy peasy!"

All of the Leaf Ninja tilt their heads down to look at the chibi and sweat drop, not believing for one second that he can carry Atsui. The top of Tsumetai's head didn't even reach the boy's knees.

Atsui deadpans, quickly growing more and more annoyed by the dubious looks on the Leaf Ninja's faces.

"He can shapeshift you idiots!" the green haired boy barks, defending his tiny Guardian. "He's a Wolf too ya know!"

"Oh..." Choji murmurs, before leaning closer to Shikamaru and whispering. "I thought he was somehow going to sit on the little guy's shoulders...."

Shikamaru snickers at the thought, before straightening up and listening again as Kakashi continues to speak.

"Our Minami friends may not have the use of chakra" the Jonin explains, "But their Kekkei Genkai is not to be underestimated. They have abilities that we don't and those abilities could save your life."

"You can just say we're superior" Saffire brags, baring her sharp teeth in a proud smirk. "We all know it's true, so-"

"No one is superior" Kakashi interjects, correcting the tall girl. "We all have different abilities, as well as strengths and weaknesses. No one here is better than anyone else."