Chapter 65

Third Person's POV

Kakashi heaves a sigh, sweat dropping, as he comes to a halt in the middle of the street. He hears the person behind him, so close that they may as well have been clinging to him, come to a stop as well.

"Ashley" Kakashi begins, turning around as he rubs at the back of his neck, only to pause when he sees the wide eyed look on the girl's face, her head cutely tilted cutely to the side.

Kakashi internally sighs again, though this time he is more amused than anything. Ever since he had surprised Ashley three days ago, she had been following him everywhere like a baby duck. In one way, it was rather endearing that she was afraid to let Kakashi out of her sight, not wanting him to leave her behind. Especially seeing as she didn't usually behave like this.

But on the other hand, it was definitely making things a bit difficult for Kakashi. While Lady Tsunade had specifically sent him to see how Ashley was going, he also had a job to do in assisting the Chief of the island and helping with setting up the treaty.

"I told you already" Kakashi reminds Ashley, pretending to be exasperated, "You can't keep following me around like this. I'm here to work you know. I'm not here to babysit you."

"And I told you" Ashley counters smartly, her old attitude peeking through now that she knows she is going home, "That I don't believe you. I bet Lady Tsunade sent a bunch of Ninja I wouldn't know on purpose. And then she sent you because she knows you'd be able to convince me to come home. Or something like that."

Kakashi laughs awkwardly at this. She had hit the nail on the head of course, but the Jonin wasn't about to give her the satisfaction of hearing that she's right. He didn't want her to know just how eager he had been to get over to the Land of Ambience and try to get her to come home with him.

"Not that you took any convincing" Kakashi teases, not so subtly diverting Ashley's attention.

He smirks to himself at the indignant expression that spreads across Ashley's face, her cheek burning red with embarrassment at the way she had clung to her Sensei and cried.

Glaring up at her Sensei's smug face, Ashley eventually turns her head and crosses her arms, pouting a little.

"I haven't missed you at all Sensei" she mutters, to which Kakashi chuckles quietly.

"I know" he says simply, shrugging. "Alright kiddo, I have some work to do. But I'll come and get you when we have to leave tomorrow alr-"

Kakashi blinks, before glancing down when he feels a tug on his shirt. He sees Ashley frowning up at him, still seemingly embarrassed, though her fist is gripping onto the hem of his shirt tightly.

"......Don't forget me" she mumbles, averting her eyes. "Okay?"

"Of course not" Kakashi smiles, patting Ashley's head playfully. He pulls himself free from the girl's grasp and begins to walk away, one hand raised in a wave. "You're the whole reason I'm here, remember?"

Ashley folds her arms over her chest and sighs, watching her Sensei walk off with her eyes half lidded and her mouth pulled to the side.

"He's such a jerk" the blonde says out loud.

"I think he's wonderful dear" Rei comments, strolling up behind Ashley, with Ace at her side. "He came all this way just to retrieve you. What a good teacher."

"I am just glad that someone was finally able to convince you to leave" Ace grumbles, a little miffed. "I do not understand why you could not just listen to me, however, I will accept that the presence of your teacher must have been so surprising that you could not help but to finally be honest."