Chapter 57

Third Person's POV

Naruto bends down and leans his hands on his knees, closing his eyes and flashing a broad grin to Ashley, as she wipes at her eyes. The girl laughs despite her tears, filled with relief at the news that her sister is going to be alright.

Naruto was happy for her. So much had happened since they had all come to the Land of Ambience and Naruto felt like he had learned so much about Ashley. She'd been through some difficult times and the last thing Ashley needed, was for her own sister to die right beside her. Naruto was glad that Ashley's sister would be alright, and now that Sirius guy was gone as well.

Kakashi watches his two Genin smiling with each other as he pulls his headband back down to cover his Sharingan eye. Hidden beneath his mask, Kakashi smiles to himself.

Teamwork hadn't always been a priority to the Jonin, but it sure meant everything to him nowadays. Seeing his two Genin together, two people that would easily make the decision to endanger their lives for each other, filled Kakashi's chest with a warm feeling.

Was it pride? Kakashi was proud of them of course. Of all four of them.

Suddenly, orange and brown leaves begin to swirl around Ashley and Naruto, something that causes both Ninja to look up.

"What the-"

"It's alright Naruto" Ashley assures her friend, waving one hand dismissively.

A grin spreads across the girl's face, as Aki appears directly in front of her, Tiez at his side. Aki stares into Ashley's face with wide, sapphire eyes, clearly distressed, while Tiez remains frozen at his side, her body tensed and her tail standing straight up.

After a few seconds of silence, Aki heaves a sigh of relief, his head and shoulders drooping, while Tiez leaps forwards, her paws resting on Ashley's knee. She leans in, her brows furrowed as she glares up at Ashley.

"What is it Tiez?" Ashley eventually asks, tilting her head as the small Wolf's eyes begin to waver.

Aki steps forwards here, just as Tiez begins to bawl, jumping into Ashley's lap and rubbing her head against Ashley's stomach.

"We were worried about you Darling" Aki answers quietly, leaning down close to Ashley's face.

Ashley and Aki stare into each other's eyes for a brief moment, before he closes his and gently presses his forehead to hers.

"I thought you were gonna die!" Tiez wails.

Ashley feels her heart flutter at receiving the affection of the two Wolves, before she closes her own eyes. She places one hand comfortingly on the top of Tiez's head, while reaching up to Aki with the other one and holding the side of his face.

"Thank you for your help" is all Ashley says, her voice strained as she holds back her tears.

"These two Wolves have been avoiding us for years" Dashi muses quietly, watching the scene before him with a smile. "Yet my Granddaughter has gained their loyalty in a matter of days."

"They're new?" Ino questions, surprised. "I figured they were already Ashley's team members and we just hadn't seen them before."

"Ugh, this is embarrassing" Tiez sniffs, scurrying out of Ashley's lap and swiping at her eyes with one paw. She stands with her back to Ashley, scowling down at the ground.

Aki raises his head and chuckles to himself, amused by his younger companion's embarrassment. Tiez was not generally one to show her softer side, especially not to unfamiliar people, but it seemed that the young Wolf had grown attached to Ashley rather quickly.