Chapter 60

Ashley's POV

I stare at my younger sister in total shock, almost unable to believe the number of empty food containers piling up on the side table beside her bed.

I would have never expected my sister, so timid and delicate, to be able to eat more food than even me. Especially considering she was still recovering from some pretty horrifying injuries.

If Choji could see this, I bet he'd be just as impressed as I am.

"Please stop staring at me Ley-chan" Kiyumi asks, giggling awkwardly. "You're making me feel self-conscious.

"Sorry" I apologise, shoving some more rice in my mouth. "I just didn't expect you to have such a huge appetite."

Saffire barks out a laugh and points at Kiyumi with her fork, as my sister's face turns red. She ducks her head, though is apparently not too embarrassed to keep eating.

"My Kiyu has like, the best appetite going around" Keilor brags, meat sauce staining the fur around his mouth. "No one can eat more than her."

"Keilor" Kiyumi complains, causing some of the others to laugh.

"The fact that you have such a large appetite right now means that you are recovering well" Fang states, nodding happily. "I'm glad to see it Kiyu."

"Considering you and Lady Ashley eat so much" Kai scoffs, "I dunno how you're both so short."

Kiyumi sweat drops at this, as I deadpan and slowly turn my head to glare at Kai.

"Better watch your mouth Kai" I warn, only half joking, "Or you'll be choking on this fork in a minute."

The large Wolf bares his fangs in a devilish smirk, his red eyes glittering with mischief.

"You need to eat lot's more, so you'll be as tall as Tai-chan one day" Tsumetai advises wisely, the chibi placing both hands on his hips and puffing out his chest.

"As tall as you?" Atsui repeats, tilting his head down to look at his Guardian with a flat expression on his face.

I bite my lower lip, holding in a smile. Looking at Atsui and Tsumetai, the tiny Guardian barely even came up to Atsui's knee.

"Well, not right now Atsui-chan" Tsumetai whines, waving his arms up and down. "When Tai-chan transforms, he is taller than everyone! Look!"

"Don't transform here you idiot!" Atsui shouts in a panic, leaping to his feet and swiping Tsumetai up into his arms. He shakes the chibi back and forth. "You'll make the roof collapse!"

"Weeeeeee!" Tsumetai squeals, enjoying his sudden ride through the air.

Kiyumi, Saffire, Kurai and Fang all begin giggling as Atsui heaves a heavy sigh, lowering his Guardian back down to the ground and wearily dumping himself back into his seat.

I turn my head to the side, making eye contact with Ace. He rolls his eye good naturedly and returns to eating his food, something that causes me to chuckle quietly to myself.

Despite the fact that we are in our homeland and back with our Clan members, it didn't seem that Ace was any less unimpressed than normal. Our Clan members annoyed him just as much as my Leaf Village friends did.

It's comforting, in a weird way. No matter the situation, my Guardian's personality is always the same.

"It's good to see everyone so lively" Arelle says warmly, surveying us all with kind eyes. "It has been too long since we have all been able to relax with each other like this."