Chapter 52

Edited 30/08/2020

Ashley's POV

I feel myself freeze at Sasuke's question, my eyes growing wide and my mouth opening, though no words come out. The Uchiha continues to glare at me accusingly. I can almost feel the anger radiating off of him.

How had he found out? Had he finally remembered me?!

I hear Aki, Tiez and Jet all growling madly, with Shino firmly grabbing onto the back of Kiba's jacket as he moves to come over. I feel everyone staring at us, the room completely silent, as they all wait to see what Sasuke is going to do to me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Sasuke asks again, shaking me slightly.

"I-I thought you didn't remember" I admit, still shocked by Sasuke's question and his anger towards me. "You didn't seem like you knew who I was."

"I don't remember" Sasuke states sharply. "Your sister and her Wolf told me!"

I immediately turn my head to look at Kiyumi and Keilor. The Wolf merely wags his tail, tongue hanging from the side of his mouth, as Kiyumi cowers away from me, a guilty look on her face.

I don't know why she would feel guilty about it. It's not like I'm mad that he knows, I'm just surprised. I had thought he would never remember me and I suppose I had become used to that idea.

"Shigeshi Uchiha was your Father?" Sasuke questions, causing me to turn back towards him. I nod my head and smile faintly.

"Yeah, he was my Dad" I confirm softly. "He was your Uncle too huh?"

".....So it's true then?" Sasuke asks, closing his eyes and releasing me from his grip.

I nod again, giving my cousin a closed eye smile. I'm so happy that he knows now. Maybe I'll be able to help him remember some things from our past!

"So you'll know exactly what this is for then" Sasuke decides in an emotionless voice, something that causes my eyes to open, a question mark appearing above my head.

Before I can react, Sasuke punches me in the side of the face, the force sending me reeling to the left. Too shocked to have even tried to avoid the attack, I stumble to the ground, my eyes wide as one hand rises to rub at my aching cheek.

I hear a collective gasp go around the room as I hit the floor, with a few people calling my name as well. I blink a few times, my wide eyes looking up to Sasuke's furious face.

What was that for?!

"That's it!" Kiba shouts irately, charging forwards, one arm pulled back to punch Sasuke in retaliation.

Jet leaps right past the Inuzuka with a roar however, tackling Sasuke to the ground and snapping his jaws at the Uchiha's neck.

"Jet!" I cry out, causing the Wolf to pause, his teeth grazing Sasuke's flesh.

"You crossed the line Sasuke!" Naruto berates, as he and Sakura rush over to me. I look up, only to see that Asuma has blocked Kiba from being able to attack Sasuke, though the Inuzuka is glowering at him hatefully, teeth gritted together.

"Let me go Asuma Sensei" Kiba demands. "I'm gonna punch that idiot right in the face!"

"You would dare attack Lady Ashley?" Jet growls threateningly, his golden eyes narrowed right at Sasuke's face. "You are lucky her Guardian is not here you lowly cretin...."