Chapter 26

Ashley's POV

I march down the street purposefully, staring directly ahead as people shuffle out of my way. I'm on a mission and don't have time to swerve around anyone, as displayed when I'd knocked some kid right over mere seconds ago. The kid cried and the Mother yelled at me, but at least the other people in the street had gotten the gist.

That woman is just lucky that I'm too preoccupied to retaliate to her screeching, or she'd be crying just like her dumb kid.

Seriously though, when someone clearly looks as though they're trying to get somewhere quickly, don't normal people move out of their way? I taught that woman's child a good lesson about not dawdling in the path of oncoming people.

My face scrunches up in concentration as I try to focus on a certain presence. While I can use my Katsuryoku to sense movements through the ground, it's really difficult for me to focus on one person when there are so damn many all around me.

Hopefully I've found the correct person and not just someone that moves in a similar way to him. What's even more annoying is that it seems like my target is now sitting down, not moving much at all.

I'd been searching all over the Village, for a good two hours, before I felt what I think is his presence about ten minutes ago, and now he has the nerve to sit down? He'll be lucky I don't punch him right in the face for being so inconvenient!

Heaving an irritated sigh, I round a corner and stalk right up to the window of a nearby restaurant, seeing a familiar face on the other side of it.

"Hey" I bark, making the person on the other side of the window jump in fright, as I lean one elbow on the sill. "Get out here. We have stuff to do."

"Angel?" Kiba asks in confusion, his mouth full of food. "Uh, what's up?"

"Arf!" Akamaru replies brightly, seated beside his best friend and wagging his tail.

"G-Good morning Ashley-san" Hinata greets me nervously, sitting across the table from Kiba. Shino, seated next to the shy girl, merely nods his head at me, arms folded over his chest.

"Hi" I reply with disinterest, raising one brow at Kiba. "Hurry up Mutt, let's go."

Kiba swallows his food and stares at me for a few seconds, looking both suspicious and like he wants to make a smart comment. He'd better not.

"What's goin on?" he eventually decides to ask. "I get that you wanna hang out with me and all, but I'm only half way through breakfast."

"I don't care about your breakfast and I don't want to hang out with you" I retort. "Whether you like it or not, you're coming with me right now."

"Geez, I didn't realise you were this eager to spend time alone with me" Kiba laughs, before slinging one arm over the back of his chair and hooding his eyes. "I'm liking the sound of this. What are we gunna do?"

"I'm going to kick your ass if you don't get a little more serious" I growl, an anime vein appearing on the side of my head. "It's not like that you filthy Mutt. You said you'd teach me that Jutsu of yours and I want to learn it before the Finals! So hurry up!"

Kiba blinks in surprise at that, with me looking away in slight embarrassment. I hate having to ask Kiba for help in any way, but I want to learn how to use the Fang Over Fang properly. That All Fours Jutsu of his looks pretty helpful too.

"Y-You want me to teach you my Jutsu?" Kiba asks slowly, still looking relatively shocked. "Huh, I thought you were only joking about that."

"Well I wasn't and you said you'd show me" I mutter, stepping back from the window and crossing my arms. "So make good on your promise and hurry up."