Chapter 2

Edited 25/06/2015

Kakashi's POV

I watch Ashley as she drops down from the tree she'd been sitting in, walking towards us and studying me with a scrutinising look. If she's wondering how I knew she was over there, it really wasn't that difficult. I've been a Ninja for a lot longer than her, so I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.

"Nice of you to join us" I greet Ashley cheekily, to which she merely rolls her eyes. Turning around, I pull a small alarm clock from my weapons pouch and wind it up, with Naruto and Sakura watching me curiously. Sasuke stands with his hands in his pockets, releasing a bored sigh and glancing at Ashley as she blows some hair from her face, only for it to fall back into the exact same place.

"This clock is set for twelve in the afternoon" I explain, reaching into my pocket and producing three small bells, dangling from pieces of red string. "Your task today is very simple. All you have to do is get one of these bells from me before the alarm clock rings."

This earns me a few incredulous looks, though Ashley tilts her head to the side, looking more dubious than anything.

"For those of you who haven't managed to get a bell by twelve o'clock" I continue with a cheery smile, though I'm not sure if my students can tell, "You will be tied to a tree stump, you will miss out on lunch and I will eat mine in front of you as punishment."

Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura all groan, dark clouds appearing above each of their heads as they realise why I really instructed them not to eat any breakfast. I catch Ashley smirking at her teammates in dark amusement, making me wonder if she did eat anything today.

Judging by the attitude I've observed from her already, I wouldn't be surprised if she'd disobeyed me like a brat. I can see that she's going to be the one to try and test me, see what my limits are before I get angry. Too bad for Ashley that I don't get angry.

"Excuse me Kakashi Sensei" Sakura speaks up, raising her hand, "But there are four of us and you're only holding three bells. Did you forget to bring a fourth one?"

"Good spot Sakura" I reply lightly, jingling the three bells side to side, "But no, I didn't forget one. As you said, there are only three bells, which means that at least one of you won't be getting one and will be tied to the stump. Oh, and if you don't mange to get a bell, you will fail this test. Failure will result in you being sent back to the Academy."

"What?!" Naruto cries in disbelief, his blue eyes widening. Sakura lets out a gasp and covers her mouth her with hands, while Sasuke scowls determinedly.

"I never attended that Academy though" Ashley informs me smartly, to which I send her a closed eye smile.

"Then I'll just enroll you" I reply. "There's no way around it Ashley. If you fail, you go to the Academy."

I internally smirk, seeing the way Ashley's face drops, clearly not happy with my answer. Well, that's what she gets for trying to be a little smart mouth.

"You may use any weapons you like for this test" I tell my Genin, "Just as long as you come at me with the intent to kill. If you don't, you will not pass."

"Won't you be in danger though Kakashi Sensei?" Sakura inquires worriedly, almost making me laugh. I'd hardly be in danger while fighting against four rookie Genin.

"No Sakura, I'll be just fi-"

"Yeah!" Naruto interrupts with a yell. "I mean, when we first met you Sensei, you couldn't even dodge a blackboard eraser! We're gonna destroy you!"