Chapter 54

Edited 22/04/2022

Third Person's POV

"Lightning Blade!" Kakashi shouts, as electricity immediately begins to crackle and spark around his hand. He throws his electrified hand forwards, thrusting it directly into the face of a large Earth beast.

The beast, towering over Kakashi, leaps at the man, only to let out a roar as it is struck by the lightning. For a second, the beast seems to freeze, before abruptly exploding.

Kakashi is sent reeling backwards, before he is able to focus chakra into his feet and stop himself from sliding across the ground. One arm up in front of his face to protect it from the now falling debris, Kakashi glances around to see how his team are doing.

Naruto and a large number of his Shadow Clones engage in hand-to-hand combat with some of the soldiers, small clouds of smoke appearing every time a clone is defeated. Sasuke, on the opposite side of the battle to Naruto, blows out a flurry of small fire balls, before running straight at the incoming soldiers, shuriken in each hand.

Sakura and Keilor are standing beside Kiyumi, the usually nervous Minami controlling the earth around her with graceful movements. She protects Sakura and her Guardian, by creating a huge wall of earth behind them and only focusing on the attacking soldiers in front. Some of the men have already been dragged to their hands and knees, with cuffs of stone keeping them in place. Her arms sweeping up into the air, Kiyumi catches another few soldiers with a large, curling pillar of earth. They are shot up into the air and entangled in the tendril, as it wraps around their bodies and pins their arms to their sides.

Watching the men dangle helplessly up in the air, Kiyumi lets out a low, shaky breath, feeling nervous. She didn't fancy herself as much of a fighter, as she had a very placid nature and didn't enjoy conflict at all.

But she had been entrusted with Ashley's teammates, and these people were clearly precious to her sister. And so, Kiyumi would protect them as best as she could.

Keilor, seeing more soldiers running towards them, steps forward and lowers himself down onto his haunches. He begins to growl, his eyes narrowing at the men as he builds up chakra inside his body. As some of the men begin to perform hand signs, Keilor launches himself forwards with explosive force, blue energy radiating from his chakra points as he races towards the soldiers at a breakneck speed.

Before the soldiers can so much as react to the Wolf, they are blown off their feet, some flying back into trees and rocks, while others crash back into the ground, cradling their legs in pain.

Circling back around before his burst of chakra can dissipate, Keilor slides to a stop back at Kiyumi's side, breathing heavily.

The Wolf could achieve incredible speeds from a standing start thanks to his ability, but using it in a way that allowed his tackles to inflict maximum damage took a lot of chakra. Keilor could run incredibly fast over long distances by using his chakra sparingly, but building it up rapidly and then releasing like that took a toll on his body.

As Kakashi takes down a few more soldiers, he feels himself internally sigh, as more of them come running around each side of the tower.

News seemed to have spread quickly. While his team had initially been discovered by only a small patrol, now it seemed as if the whole fleet were on their way.

"Ah!" Kiyumi suddenly cries out, the sound causing Kakashi to whirl around. He watches as the girl crashes to her knees, clutching at her ankle.

He is able to see a kunai knife sticking out of the girl's flesh, before Sakura quickly jumps in front of her, a knife in each hand. She counters more kunai thrown their way, as the victims of Kiyumi's attacks are all released, the earth she had been controlling retracting back into the ground.