Chapter 37

As mentioned in the last chapter, I am skipping the fight between the Three Sannin, as we've all either read it or watched it in the anime. If you for some reason haven't, or would just like a refresher, the fights starts in the anime at Ep 93 and Ch 164 of the manga.

Edited 21/04/2019

Ashley's POV

Ace leaps in front of me, as Lady Tsunade slams Orochimaru into the dirt with the strongest punch I've ever seen in my life. The whole ground quakes from the impact, a blast of dust blowing out into the air.

As I lower my arms over my face, I find myself staring at Lady Tsunade with pure admiration. I've never met anyone with such raw strength before and to watch her in action....It almost makes me wish she would teach me her secrets.

Manda, pinned down by the sword of Jiraiya's huge Toad summon, lets out an angry hiss.

"Let me just say this Orochimaru" the Snake warns, "If we meet again.....Well, you'd better hope that we don't...."

As the Snake disappears in a billow of white smoke, Lady Tsunade drops to her knees, exhausted from the amount of chakra she had expended during that fight.

I don't know how she even has so much chakra in her body. She'd put so much of it into every single hit, I would have passed out after about three of them.

I turn my head as Shizune and Jiraiya let out gasps of surprise, only to see Orochimaru reappear, seemingly having regenerated again.

Just when you think he's dead, he pops back up....

"So T-Tsunade" Orochimaru wheezes, clearly still injured, if his shallow breathing is anything to go by, "You won't heal my arms? That's f-fine, I don't need you. There's another w-way for me to be healed...."

Orochimaru glares at the blonde woman, revealing half of his face to be missing, replaced with that of a woman.

"And I promise you all" Orochimaru hisses angrily. "I will destroy the Leaf Village."

The deranged man begins to laugh as he disappears into the ground, all of us watching him warily.

"I hope to see you all again soon" Orochimaru adds as he disappears, turning his head to grin at me evilly, something that makes me flinch. "You especially my young student. You especially..."

I see Kabuto disappear in a puff of smoke as I continue to stare at the disappearing Orochimaru, unable to break his gaze. Feeling my heart beating fast, I suddenly lurch forwards and slam my palms against the ground, activating my Katsuryoku.

The ground around Orochimaru crumbles and collapses in on him, burying him under a small rock slide. I still hear his laughter echoing in my ears as he vanishes from sight.

I know what I did accomplished nothing, but I couldn't help it. It was just a reaction.

I groan in pain from the movement, my body still trying to recover from Hakuba's chakra. I also hear Jiraiya grunting in pain, one hand clasping at his chest. I think he broke some of his ribs during the fight. Well, good thing the best Medic in the world is here.

"Milady!" Shizune cries, dropping down on her knees next to the older woman.

Before she can fuss too much however, Lady Tsunade waves her hand dismissively, her body swiftly aging before my eyes.