chapter forty

When I peel my eyes open, I notice its still dark out and Owen wasn't in the bed with me. I look around his dark room. No sign of him. I looked at his clock and frowned. Had he been back to bed at all? I get up, too quickly, and feel dizzy. With my hand to my head, I stumble out of the room, intent on knowing what Owen was doing right now. I head to the stairs and catch the railing so I dont fall. I was going to hit that boy if I fell down. I make my way down the stairs, safely but almost falling on the last step. I peeked in the kitchen to see Owen sitting with his laptop in front of him and a thoughtful expression on his face.

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly, making him jump.

"Nothing much." he says. I walk over to him. I try to look at the screen but he lowers the lid and pulls me onto his lap. "What are you doing up?"

"I just woke up, dont know why though."

He frowned. "Try and get some more sleep," he told me, letting go of my waist. I mimicked his frown, he wasn't going to come up with me? Or was he trying to get rid of me?

"Aren’t you tired?"

He shook his head. "No, wide awake."

"Maybe you should try to sleep," I told him quietly, running my thumb along his jaw.

"Nah, I'm fine."

I sighed. "What's wrong? I can tell there's something you aren't telling me, Owen."

"Nothing."

"Owen, please talk to me."

"Honestly, its nothing," he murmured, ducking his head to kiss me.

"Then why are you avoiding it?"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Lani, nothing is wrong." Its never good when he just calls me Lani. "What's that look for?" He asked, meeting my gaze.

"You wont tell me what’s bothering you, fine. I'll just go back upstairs." I sneer. He's pissed me off now.

I heard him groan and follow behind me, pining me against the wall. "I was being stupid and looking at places for us to live, okay?" He told me, breathing through his nose.

That lightens my mood. "Why not just tell me?"

"I didn't want to freak you out," he said quietly. "What teenage boy searches for a place for him and his girlfriend to live while they're still in high school?"

"You wouldn’t have freaked me out. We've already talked about this." I say. "Owen, for us its different we have a baby on the way, most teenagers dont have that going on." He sighed and dropped his head against the wall. "I already told you that I'd want to do this, but we'd have to talk about it more and to our parents." I felt him nod. I could tell how much he thought he was being stupid and I didn't know what to do to make him feel less like it.

I kiss him lightly. "Its not stupid." He pressed his lips into a thin line and said nothing. I ran my fingers through his hair and pulled him down to kiss him properly. His hands find their way to my waist as I kiss him. I gently start to tug him towards the stairs, making sure we didn't trip over. He picks me up and carries me upstairs to his room. He makes sure his door is locked behind us. I laid down on the bed and pulled him to hover over me. He kisses me passionately before pulling off his sweatshirt that I'm still wearing. I felt a shiver run down my spine as the cold air hit my skin but Owen's warm hands trailed up my sides. He kisses my belly. I bit my lip as he drew small patterns on my stomach. He was too cute when it came to our daughter. I cant help but think how he'll be when she's actually here. He planted one small kiss on my stomach before moving back up to my lips. He kisses me so deeply that I cant help but moan. He moaned when I dragged my nails down his chest to his boxers. I slip a few fingers into the waistband.

He dropped his head to my shoulder. "I feel a sense of deja vu," he said through clenched teeth. I giggle.

He ran his hands down my side until he got to my panties. "Two can play at that game," he whispered close to my ear. I gasp. I never expected him to do that. I squeezed my eyes shut but carried on slowly pulling his boxers down, I wanted to tease him worse than he does to me. I hear his breathing get heavier.

"Damn tease," he growled and kissed me, completely forgetting about teasing me and running his fingers through my hair. I kiss him back and start French kissing him as I pull his boxers down more, still teasing him.

"Stop teasing," he murmured as he kissed along my jaw and down my neck.

"Nope." I whisper. He closed his eyes and gripped my waist. I softly sighed with a smile on my face, he was too cute when he got impatient. He really doesn’t like me teasing him like this, but that just makes it all the more fun.

After teasing him for a little while longer, I finally pull his boxers off. I could tell he was happy I stopped teasing him. But his breathing is even heavier now. I kissed his chest and threw his boxers on the floor. He groans and unclips my bra throwing it somewhere.

He kissed down my chest. "I think you should be teased," he said, gently biting my neck. I bite my lip, holding in a moan. "I know you want to moan," he winked and kissed my cheek. I bite my lip harder before I let it out. We shed the rest of our clothes and make love.