chapter forty-nine

Fifty minutes later I was sitting in front of my desk, frowning. Did I look okay to go out with him? Was I trying too little? Or too much?

I feel someone’s arms around me. "You look amazing Lani-bear." He whispers.

I jumped and looked up at Owen. "Thanks," I murmured, blushing.

He kisses my cheek. "You really do look amazing," he murmured, running his lips along my jaw.

"Thanks." I blush more.

"You tell your mum?" He asked, meeting my gaze in the mirror.

"Yes." I smile. 

"How did she take it?" He grinned and kissed my neck.

"She's really happy but not as happy as me."

"Or me," he whispered against my neck.

"True." I kiss him.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, trailing his hand down my spine. "Or we could stay here for a little while longer."

"I'm ready." I tell him. He helped me up and smiled. We headed downstairs and I called out to my mum that we were going. She tells us to have fun and we head out to his car. He turned on the radio and we both silently hummed along to the music. After a few minutes he takes my hand in his.

I bit my lip to hide my smile. "Where are we going?" I asked him, leaning against the door to look at him.

"You'll see Lani-bear." He grins.

I moved my thumb in circles on his hand. "But I don't like surprises."

"You'll love this one."

"If you say so," I smiled and looked out the window, not able to recognize anything.

After awhile we drive up to a restaurant that is near the beach.

"We're eating here?" I asked, leaning forward to look up at the building.

"Yeah.." He frowned. "Don't you like it?"

"Owen, I love it."

He bit his lip and smiled. "I'm glad you do." He gets out and comes around my side to help me out. I smile in thanks and waddled into the restaurant. Owen smiles keeping me close the entire time.

"Hello, how may I help you today?" A young man asked, appearing in front of us, a smile on his face.

"I have a reservation for two under Jennings." Owen says.

"Mr. and Mrs. Jennings soon," I murmured to Owen, smiling to myself. He grins and wraps an arm around my waist.

"This way," the man said, leading us to a table. We follow him and Owen pulls out my chair for me.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

"I'm Adam, I'll be your server," the young man said, smiling at us. "If you'd like to order some drinks, I'll bring them right over."

"I'll just have a water." I say.

"And I'll have a sprite." Owen says smiling.

Adam nodded and walked away. "Thank you for bringing me here," I said quietly, looking up at Owen.

"Of course Lani-bear." he smiles. "You alright?"

"Of course." I took his hand in mine, his thumb ran over the engagement ring and smiled.

"If you're sure."

"I am." I give him a soft smile. He returned it and lifted his hand to pull my chin towards him. He kisses me softly and grins. I bit my lip and sat back, a blush covering my cheeks as Adam appeared at our table, drinks in hand.