Chapter twenty-three

Chapter twenty-Three:

You know the moment when you are half awake, half asleep? It felt like I was suspended in space, I wasn't living but I wasn't dead. The only thought that brings me to fight is my baby. Is he or she okay? My cheeks feel wet. Am I crying? I open my eyes and look around but everything is blurry. The only thing that I can figure out is that I'm in a white room.

My heart felt like it stopped beating. Why was I in here? What happened? Where am I? My heart is racing, I'm scared.

The sound of a door opening made my head whip to the side. "Who's there?"

“Its mom and dad, sweetie.”

"Mom," my voice cracked. "What happened?"

“You were hit by a car honey.” she says. “We also have to discuss the fact that you're pregnant.”

“Is the baby okay?”

“Yes.”

“Thank God.”

"Honey, you're pregnant?" My dad looked at me closely. "I thought they made a mistake when they told us.

“I am pregnant.” I say.

A shocked expression covered his face. "It’s true. How did my baby girl, end up with a baby?"

“Owen.” I say quietly.

"But, honey, Owen was months ago..." My mother trailed off seeing my expression. "Oh, honey, you didn't." I nod and start crying. Two pairs of arms wrapped around me. My mum had tears slowly falling down her cheeks while my dad put on a brave face.

“He...he hates me...” I tell them.

"Why does he hate you, honey?"

"Do you want me to go break his legs?" My dad asked, his face deadly serious.

“I said I never meant for it to happen. It’s true, I never meant for it to happen, but it did.” I turn to face my dad. “No, but you can talk to him. I don’t think he wants anything to do with me or my baby.”

"Honey...” My mum met my dad’s gaze. "Hearing that from the girl you love obviously has to hurt. He's allowed to feel a little depressed after. And, darling, don't hurt the poor boy."

“A little depressed? You call having sex or about to depressed?!” I exclaim.

Again, my parents exchanged a look. "Darling, we suggest you talk to him."

“He probably won’t even talk to me.”

"Did you tell him that you never wanted it to happen when you were on your own or with other people?" My face must have shown the answer she needed. "Honey, you've obviously hurt his feelings. You need to smooth things over with him - it has got to be hard to be rejected in front of other people."

“Mum, he probably won’t even want to see me.” I say. “He probably doesn’t even care that I'm in the hospital.”

She gave me a crooked smile. "So who’s the boy outside, pacing up and down the hallway, worried whether the girl he loves will wake up or not?"

“What?” I say shocked.

"Do you want to put him out of his misery and invite him in the room?" I nod. She grabbed her husband’s hand and led him out the room. A few minutes later a all-so familiar boy entered the room.

“Hey.” I say.

"Hi, Lani-bear," he murmured, his eyes roaming every available body part he could see. Once satisfied, he walked further in the room and sat down on one of the plastic blue chairs. I don’t say anything because I don’t know what to say.