chapter forty-one

I woke up the following morning when the sun was high in the sky. I looked around Owen's room for his alarm clock. Its 10:15am. With a groan I rolled so I could look up at Owen. He was smiling in his sleep. I smile and get out of his bed carefully so as not to wake him up. I walked over to his chest of drawers and pulled out some clothes I stored in here for occasions like this. The pants dont fit so I pull on a pair of his sweatpants.

"Using me then leaving?" I heard Owen ask as I pulled my top on.

"Very funny." I laugh.

He grinned and swung his legs over the side of the bed. I throw him a pair of clean boxers. He pouted. "Can't I walk around like this?"

"You want your parents to see you like that?"

"They're probably out already," he told me. He grinned as he met my gaze. "Do you mind the nakedness?"

"Not really, but if someone were to walk in..."

He quirked an eyebrow. "Like who?"

"I dont know." I mumble.

He smiled. "If it makes you uncomfortable I'll put them on."

"Oh just put them on!" I laugh. Once he had them on he walked over to me and put his arms around me. "Hi." I smile.

"Hey," he murmured, kissing my forehead. I wrap my arms around him, resting my head on his chest. "What do you want to do today?" He asked, twirling a piece of hair around his finger.

"Hm, how about we look at what you were looking at last night?"

He looked startled at first but then slowly nodded. "Okay, if you want."

"Its what I want."

He smiled. "Come on then." He took my hand and led me down the stairs. I kiss his cheek and we head into the kitchen.

He sits down on the stool and pulls me onto his lap. "Okay, well... this was what I was looking at." He lifted the laptop lid and showed me the webpage.

"Okay." I nod. I looked at all the places he had on the screen. I bit my lip, the more I saw them or thought about it, the more I could see us together in one of them. I see a small cute one that I like. "Can we look at that one more?" He met my gaze and nodded, opening up the web link. I smile. Its so cute.

"Once we tell our parents about it, we can go look," he suggested, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Sounds great to me."

He kissed my neck and smiled. "Me, you and a beautiful baby girl in that place," he whispered.

I grin. "Sounds absolutely amazing."

"It does, doesn't it?" It sounded like he was mostly talking to himself as he looked at he screen, his eyes flicking between the pictures. I kiss him lightly. He returned it before pulling away. "Do you want something to eat?"

"Sure." I smile.

Ten minutes later he set a plate of food down in front of me. "Is this okay?" He asked, gesturing with his fork to the white china plate in front of me.

I nod. "Thanks Owen."

"You're welcome," he smiled. "Just think, I'd have to do this every morning for the two of you," he winked and started on his food.

I smile at that thought. "Well for awhile only me."

He nodded. "And myself, obviously." He grinned. "I guess I should get a job then..."