Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

Every few minutes my eyes would travel to the clock. My patience was wearing thin watching the minute hand slowly creep around the White face. Could he be avoiding me because he wants to break up with me? Did all he ever want to do was sleep with me? Now that he has will he break up with me? I have so many thoughts running through my mind. I love him and I really dont want to lose him. The bell rung and I shot out my seat so fast it clattered to the floor. With a small groan, I picked it up and ran out the library. I go to my locker. I wonder if Jake is talking to him. People passed by me, some giving me confused glances at my rapidly tapping foot, others ignoring me as if I wasn't there. I open my locker and start rearranging it.

A few minutes later I can hear Jake's loud voice carry down the hallway. I pretend to be looking for something in my locker.

"Hey, love," Elliott's voice drawls close to my ear.

I close my locker. “Oh, Hi.”

I look over his shoulder at Jake, who smiles at me. "What's up?" I look between the pair with a raised eyebrow.

“Nothing.” Elliott pulls me into his arms. “I'm still not done talking to you.” I tell Elliott.

He sighs and nods, "of course, love."

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" Jake smiled at me. "It's about something I want to buy for my girl," he told Elliott when he raised his eyebrows.

“Good.” I say and I look at Jake. “Okay.”

He nods his head to the side and starts walking down a few lockers. I follow behind him silently. "What did you find out?" I asked as soon as we were out of eat shot.

“Well…” Jake says trailing off.

“Well what Jake?” I stared at him with a frown on my face when he didn't answer me. I sigh and walk back to Elliott.

"Wait," Jake grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "I was trying to think of how to word it..."

"Go ahead," I nodded for him to continue. “Spit it out already Jake.” I say getting angry.

He frowned at me. "Don't snap at me, L."

“Sorry.” I sigh. “Please just tell me.”

"He had someone speak to him earlier and he's been thinking about it since," he finally said.

"Who spoke to him?" I frowned.

“Owen.” Was all he says.

My frown deepened. "What did they talk about?"

Jake sighs. “You.”

“What about me?”

"Well, from what he said, it sounds like Owen was asking for his help."

"Help?" I repeat. "With what?"

“Being your friend.”

“But...I thought we had already settled that…”

He shrugged. "Maybe Owen really wants to get back to your old ways so he's asking for help."

“It cant be the same Jake, it wont ever be the same!" I exclaim. "The things we did, we cant do anymore.”

He raised his eyebrow. "Calm down, L. Elliott is already giving us a funny look. Okay, sure, you and him can't-" he coughed. "Well, you know, but you can still be friends."

“That not even funny Jake and you know it.” I say. I walk back over to Elliott and wrap my arms around him, hugging him and resting my head on his chest.