Chapter 30

*Kayla's POV*

       "Kayla? Kayla? Wake up, Kayla!"

       I groan and roll over, ignoring the voice trying to wake me from my slumber. They huff and then I feel an unexpected weight on top of me. I snap my eyes open to see Louis little sisters, the twins, sitting on my stomach and legs.

       "Kayla! It's Louis' birthday! Get up!" Phoebe cheered. I smiled sleepily at them and nodded. They grinned and jumped up, running out of the guest room to let me get ready.  I sigh and pull myself out of the bed, grabbing some clothes and walking out of my room and into the bathroom across the hall.

       After I walk in, I turn on the water in the shower. I strip from my clothes and jump in as soon as the water was at a good temperature. As I start to clean myself off, I lose myself in my thoughts.

       It's been a few days since we got here to stay with Louis' family. The first day, his mum and her husband took us out to dinner with Louis' sisters. They had asked me many questions about myself, some of which Louis refused to let me answer, thinking they may be hard for me to answer. I would have been fine, honestly, but I was blushing at how much he had cared. He of course, had had to translate whenever I couldn't write, like while we were eating. It felt a bit awkward at first to be around his family, but I got used to it.

       The last couple or so days had been filled with me getting to know Louis' family a bit better, and them doing the same with me. I was particularly fond of the twins. I don't know why, maybe because they're around the age where I had had my last happy memory as a family at, but either way, I enjoyed their company. Louis had hesitantly gone out with all of his sisters and mum and step dad individually or in small groups a bit in the past few days. He was worried how it would be for me to be left with one or two of them at a time, but it was okay. We mostly just played games that Lottie had. I didn't want to take from his time as a family, which is why they are all going out to eat together the day after Christmas.

        After I had cleaned myself off, I jumped out of the shower, grabbing a towel and drying my hair with it before wrapping it around my waist. I comb through my hair with my hairbrush and pull out all the tangles. I throw on my grey sweater and legging, walking out of the bathroom an downstairs.

       "Hey, babe!" Louis greets me, kissing my cheek quickly as he bustles around the kitchen with his mum. I smile back and sit next to Fizzy.

       'Hey, happy birthday.' I sign. He looks confused a bit, so I chuckle and mouth it to him. He smiles.

       "Thanks, love! And happy day before your birthday to you," he replies. I grin and smile at him. His mum turns and gasps at me.

       "It's your birthday tomorrow?" she asks. I nod and she gasps again, hitting Louis' shoulder. "You didn't tell me that! If I had realized her birthday was on Christmas, I would've gotten her more gifts!" My eyes widen and I quickly shake my head, but she ignores me.

       "Sorry, mum," Louis mumbles, "I thought I had told you. Honest."

       "Whatever. You two go outside. There's snow on the ground, enjoy it!" she shoos us out. I smile at her gratefully, grabbing my boots and coat along with Louis beside me.

       "I love snow," Louis sighs as we walk out. I smile at him in return, just looking at the beautiful landscape around us. He walks closer to me, grabbing my waist. "I've wanted to kiss you all morning," he mumbled. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck, drawing him in.

       Louis smiles through the kiss, making me smile in return. We just stand there in the snow for a few minutes, kissing softly. We eventually pull away, needing air. He chuckles and pecks my lips again.

       "I-I..." he takes a deep breath in, a nervous look crossing his face before he finally exhales, "I love you, Kayla."

       I feel like the wind had been knocked out of my chest. Louis and I have been dating for about five months or so (A/N: Just go with it) and I've known him for about seven or eight months. I've never been in a relationship, was this going to fast? It doesn't really feel like it.

       'I love you,' I sign. He looks at me confused. I laugh and point to myself.

        "You?" I nod, making my hands into a heart. "Love?" another nod, pointing to him. "Me?" I nod a final time. He processes my actions before a smile lights up his face. "You love me?" I nod. He beams, wrapping his arms around me and kissing the top of my head. "I love you."

(A/N: I tried to make an edit. It's bad, I know. If you guys have any awesome skills in that department, you should DM some edits and I'll make a chapter of literally just your edits, seeing as this book is literally about to end.)