Chapter 19

*Louis' POV*

       I watch from the couch as Liam paces back and forth as he talks on the phone with Paul. Kayla is laying beside me, her head on my shoulder and my arm around her as she tries to watch the show on TV to distract her from Liam's words.

       "Paul!...He has a warrant out for him, right?...well then, can't we just call the police again?...Why would that matter?!...So there is nothing we can do?...A what?...What will that do?...Fine, yes, we'll do that...so they will search for him?...Fine...Yes...Thanks, Paul."  Liam sighs, hanging up the phone.

"So?" Zayn says from his spot in the chair next to the couch that Kayla and I were sitting on. Niall was in the kitchen and Harry was asleep.

"They're going to send out a search party to see if they can find him. If they find any leads they're going to call the authorities. They say at this rate they should have news soon," Liam shrugged. We all just nodded.

Liam stopped his pacing and walked over to the couch. He dropped onto his knees in front of me and Kayla, taking her hands in his and resting them on her curled up legs.

"I promise you, I will make sure you stay safe. We have security here, out there looking for him, and you have us. All of us. This will all turn out alright, I promise. Okay?" he says to her. Kayla just nods her head a bit from its resting place on my shoulder. A tear slipped down her face, which Liam quickly wiped away.

"Okay, so!" Zayn says, breaking the depressing silence from the room. We all turned to look at him as he stood up. "I say, we get a bunch of security to go with us, and go grab something to eat, yeah?" he said. We all nodded in agreement as we went to get ready.

*2 Hours Later*

"Catch!" Harry laughed, throwing a fry into the air towards Niall. He leaned forward, trying to catch it in his mouth. Instead, the fry flopped over his nose, making us all laugh. Even Kayla laughed a little tiny giggle/laugh thing.

"Okay, Lou, your turn!" Niall cheered. I nodded my head, opening my mouth wide to receive the flying food.

Of course, I missed. It hit my cheek and fell into my lap, making all of us laugh again.

"Okay okay, your turn!" I said excitedly, looking at Kayla. She nodded her head in response. I got a fry from my plate, throwing it up into the air, where Kayla caught it successfully, munching on it with a proud and knowing smirk.

"Ohhh, little miss fancy over here!" Zayn laughed. She just smiled an overly sweet smile at him. "Okay, master fry catcher, catch this!" he said, throwing a fry into the air. Kayla easily caught it again, making us all huff.

"Okay! Last test, ready?" Liam said. She nodded her head, ready to catch the air bound food. Liam was ready to throw it before he was cut off.

"Ehem," the cough came from above us. I looked up, being met with the face of a middle aged man. He had a large beer belly and stains all down his shirt. His head was losing its jet black hair and he had scruff all along his chin and neck.

Kayla stiffened up beside me, her eyes going wide. I looked at her questionably, seeing her eyes filled with fear. I reached over and grabbed her hand, rubbing my thumb along her knuckles.

"Can we help you?" Harry asked. The man took his gaze off of me and Kayla and snapped his head around to face Harry.

"Yes, actually," he said in a deep, menacing voice. I could faintly see Liam gesturing for security out of the corner of my eye. "I believe you have something that belongs to me," he continued.

"And what might that be?" Zayn asked.

"My daughter. And she's right there."