Chapter 22

*Kayla's POV*

"So, do you like the room?" Liam asks me as he walks with me into the hotel room. I grin and nod at him, looking around the large room that we had been assigned to. It had two queen size beds, white bedspreads with cream colored designed, bedside tables on both sides of the beds, a large TV, dresser, and a bathroom.

Liam throws his stuff on the bed next to the door and unzips his suitcase. He pulls out a pair of sweatpants and a tank top.

"I've gotta go change for rehearsals, be right back," he says. I nod and walk over to the window, enjoying the views it revealed to me. The sky was a bright blue and the grasses a bright green. We're in Manchester, which is right next to where Harry is from, Cheshire. Apparently that'll be our next stop.

I felt horrible that the boys had to try to calm me down after my little panic attack in the hallway. I wasn't used to that many people crowding me, and it freaked me out quite a bit. I wish I could have explained that to the boys, seeing as they looked so confused and helpless.

After a while of me looking out the window and taking in the scenery, the bathroom door opens again and Liam comes out, changed into his new clothes.

"You looking forward to tonight? First concert you've ever been to, right?" he asks. I nod my head and make a 'so-so' gesture with my hands. He laughs. "You'll love it. You'll get to meet the crew members and our team. Our stylist's name is Lou, she's a real sweetheart. Has a daughter named Lux, she's about two. I think you'll enjoy hanging out with them," he tells me. I nod and smile at him.

Liam plops on his bed and grabs the TV remote from his bedside table. He turns on the TV and I go into the bathroom, deciding to try to do my best to look decent for tonight. After a while of trying my best to get my hair to cooperate with me, I eventually just put it in a loose braid. I hear the bedroom door open and close as I'm in the bathroom, followed by the voices of the rest of the boys.

I wash my face quickly and then come out of the bathroom, just for Harry to run past me, chanting 'Gotta pee, gotta pee, gotta pee.' I chuckle and roll my eyes as the boys all laugh. Liam, Zayn and Niall had all taken over Liam's bed, with Liam and Zayn laying normally and Niall laying at their feet as they watched the TV. Louis sat on my bed, his arms and legs flailing about as he stared at the ceiling.

I walked over and sat next to him, my back leaning against the headboard. Louis turned his head towards me, flashing me a smile. I returned it before looking back at the TV.

After watching for a few minutes of a TV show I didn't recognize, (then again, I haven't watched TV in about 10 years, so that doesn't surprise me,) I felt a weight in my lap. I look down and see Louis had laid his head down in my lap, looking up at me. I laughed a bit and reached down to play with his hair, his eyes instantly closing.

His hair is feathery, and smooth. It kind of just runs between your fingers, making me just sit here and keep playing with it as I watched TV. I did this for a few minutes before hearing a light snore. The boys and I all looked down at Louis to find him sound asleep, making us all laugh.

"He really likes you, you know," Harry says from his spot in one of the chairs in the room. I just raise my eyebrows at him and shaking my head. "It's true! Anyone can see it! He looks at you like you're his whole world, and we haven't seen that in a looong time!" he exclaimed.

I felt my chest tighten at the thought of Louis looking at a girl like that. A different girl. One that isn't me.

"Harry!" Zayn hissed.

"What?!" he said. You could see the realization on his face as he figure out what he had said wrong. "I mean! Like, he really really likes you! But he has had girlfriends in the past, I mean, it's inevitable. His last girlfriend, Eleanor, completely broke his heart and he was still recovering when we found you, so I mean...but still! He cares about you more than he has any girl, like, ever. And-"

"Harry! That's enough!" Liam silenced him, jerking his head towards me. I didn't understand until I looked down, seeing Louis staring right back up at me.

"It's true, you know," he broke the silence, "I do care about you. A lot. Maybe more than anyone may think.

And that was when I realized that I was falling for Louis Tomlinson. Hard.