Chapter 10

*Kayla's POV*

     I woke up on the couch that I had fallen asleep on. The brown haired boy with the blue eyes was in the chair next to the couch asleep. Lewis I think his name is? Something like that. A hair brush was on the table beside me, filled with black hair. I ran my hand through my hair to feel it was free of tangles. Did Lewis do that?

     I sat up on the couch, hearing water start running from the bus' kitchen. I quietly stood up and limped into the kitchen. One of the other boys with brown hair was in there. I think it started with an 'L' as well. His back was facing me as he filled a glass with water. I could hear bacon popping in the pan on the stove.

     I very quietly went and sat at one of the stools at the bar. The boy went back to the bacon and eggs, flipping the strips of bacon every once in a while. He started whistling as he worked, making me smile. I didn't know what song it was, but it sounded good. He turned around after the bacon was done, jumping when he saw me.

     "Jesus, Kayla! Don't scare a man like that!" he laughed. I smiled back, shrugging my shoulders. He smiled at me and pulled out a plate, piling some eggs and a couple strips of bacon on it. "Would you like breakfast?" he said, holding it out to me. I grabbed the plate and smiled thankfully at him.

     'Thanks.' I mouthed. His smile grew and he nodded at me.

     "You're welcome. Did you sleep well?" he asked. I nodded my head in response. Another one of the boys walked in. This one had black hair that was sticking up everywhere. A few tattoos were visible on his arms, as he was just wearing a tank top and shorts.

     "Mornin' Liam, Kayla." he nodded to us, grabbing a plate of his own. Liam! That's the boy's name!

     "Morning, Zayn." Liam said. Ah, black hair, Zayn. Brown hair, brown eyes, Liam. Got it. "What are you doing up?"

     "I heard someone scream, is everything okay?" Zayn asked, looking at the both of us. Liam laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

     "Yeah...Kayla just scared me a bit." Zayn just rolled his eyes and sat next to me, starting to eat.

     "Mornin'." Another voice came from the doorway. The Irish accent gave away that it was  Niall. Probably the only one of the boy's names that I remember.

     "Morning, Niall. Is Harry and Louis awake yet?" Liam asked. Niall shook his head and picked a piece of bacon off of Liam's plate, getting swatted away.

     "Nope. Harry's sound asleep and Louis is still out in that chair." Niall shrugged.

     "Why was he in the chair in the first place?" Zayn asked. Niall looked away nervously. I followed his gaze to the still sleeping Louis in the chair. When Niall realized he was still out of it, he barely pointed his finger at me, making the other two boys look at me, smirks on their faces. I looked at them in confusion, causing them to give each other a weird look. Whatever.

     "Has anyone seen my phone?" a deep voice came from the living room. Harry, (I assume that's his name since I think the other one is Louis), appeared in the doorway, only wearing a pair of boxers. I quickly dropped my piece of bacon and covered my eyes, directly after having another pair of hands make their way over mine.

     "Harry! Put some clothes on! We have a girl on the bus now!" Liam barked. I could hear Niall's contagious laughter from the small table on the bus.

     "Sorry!" Harry called out, laughing as he went back to the bunk areas. Liam's hands came off my eyes and I tentatively looked through my fingers, seeing if he was still standing there. All the boys laughed at my facial expression and I lowered my hands.

     "What happened?" a husky voice asked, coming into the room. There was Louis, finally awake and out of the chair.

     "Oh you know, the usual. Harry forgetting to put on clothes and walking around in boxers while there's a girl on the bus." Liam rolled his eyes. Louis laughed and came up to me, putting his arm around my shoulder, making me uncomfortable.

     "You get used to it, love." Louis once again laughed and left my side, getting his own plate of food. I breathed out a small breath of releif of his arm being gone from my shoulder, still not comfortable with people touching me.

     A knocking came on the door of the bus, startling me. Zayn got up and opened the door as Harry came back into the kitchen. A man in black jeans, a black shirt and boots came into the bus. He was tall. Very tall.

     "Boys. Kayla, correct?" he asked, looking at me. I nodded my head and he stuck his hand out. I cautiously shook it. His eyes glanced down at my wrists, covered with scars and bruises from father. "I'm Paul Higgins, the boy's body guard. I heard what happened with this doofus," he gestured towards Louis, "is your head okay?"

     I nodded my head and Louis slapped Paul's arm, saying he wasn't a doofus. Paul ignored him and continued talking.

     "The boy's tour doctor is going to come check your foot soon, okay? Today or tomorrow."

     I nodded again and he smiled at me, continuing.

     "I talked to the boys last night. They said something about you being hurt by your father?" he questioned. I looked down, nodding my head. I cant help but wonder why the boys told Paul. "Okay. So, since I am required by law to report this, I am going to go down to the police station with you tomorrow, when the boys have an interview."

     I looked up and raised my eyebrows at him. Paul looked at me in confusion.

     "Do you not know who the boys are?" I shrugged. I kind of did.

     "Hello! We're One Direction!" All the boys screamed.