Chapter 16

*Kayla's POV*

I have strep throat. Yep, it sucks. Luckily for me, I don't talk, otherwise, it would hurt a lot more. The boy's doctor came by to check on me this morning, after I had puked and fallen asleep with Louis. He hasn't left my side for much all day, he is so sweet. Every time he thinks I may need a drink, he gets it, no questions asked. Its the same thing with medicine. All the boys have been helping, but Louis the most.

Right now, the boys are trying to drag Louis away from the bus for a signing, which he has been extremely hesitant to go, saying he didn't want me to get worse.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" he asked me. I nodded my head curled up more under my blanket, keeping my focus on the TV screen in front of me. The boys have introduced me to Harry Potter, and I have been having a marathon with them since I got sick.

"Lou, we're going to be late. Let's go!" Liam said, coming out of the bathroom. He walked over to my spot on the couch and felt my forehead quickly. "You still feel warm. You think you'll be fine?" he asked me. I nodded my response again, getting tried of them asking the same question over and over again. Although, I do appreciate their concern.

Liam just shrugged, leaning down to kiss the top of my head. It wasn't romantic in any way, more of just brotherly. Or in our legal case, fatherly. "Okay. Bye love. Ready boys?"

They all nodded and filed out of the bus. Louis turned and gave me one last smile before closing the door, making me sigh. I really am grateful for them looking out for me, but I just wanted to have some quiet. I don't have much of that in life. I cuddled down into my blanket and watched my movie, soon falling asleep.

*Liam's POV*

"LIAM! I LOVE YOU!"

"HARRY! MARRY ME!"

"NOTICE ME ZAYN!"

"NIALL! SAY POTATO!"

"LOUIS! LOUIS! LOVE ME!"

I laughed as we got out of the van and went up towards the signing table. The girl's screams were everywhere, and they were extremely loud, hurting my ears slightly.

"POTATO!"

We all turned and looked at Niall, whose face was red with embarrassment. All the fangirls, however, seemed to love it. I swear, I'll be deaf before I'm forty.

We pulled our seats out and got ready for a few hours of signing things. Over. And. Over.

*Two Hours Later*

"Hey, can you do something for me?" Harry, who was sitting beside me, asked one of the girls in front of us. Her and all of her friends started screaming, one of them even starting to cry a bit. "I want you to go over to Zayn...and tell him he makes you horny," he whispered.

I whacked his arm quickly. "You can't ask someone to do that! I said. I looked up to tell the girls not to do it, but they were already scampering away to go talk to the others. Harry smirked at me. "Harry!"

"What! They wanted to do it!" he exclaimed. I sighed and rubbed my forehead tiredly. Niall's barking laugh echoed across the courtyard, over all the noise. The fangirls all screamed again.

"Hey, Li?" Harry asked me after he finished signing a little girl's CD and hugging her over the table.

"Yeah?"

"Is it just me, or is Lou acting a bit...strange? He seems off."

I looked up and observed Louis for a minute. He was bouncing his leg impatiently, checking his watch every few seconds, looking like he was getting pretty frustrated for some reason.

"Yeah, a bit. What's up with him?" I asked Harry. He shrugged and Niall, who was on the other side of Harry, turned his head towards the two of us.

"Isn't it obvious? Here's a hint. It starts with a 'K', ends with an 'ayla'," he whispered, that way no fans pick up on our conversation. I made an 'oh' noise and nodded.

"Makes since. When do you think he's gonna hack up the courage and ask her out?" I asked. Harry scoffed.

"When he grows a pair."

*Three Hours later*

"Finally!" Niall exclaims, running into the bus' kitchen. We all chuckled and followed suit, watching as he digs through the fridge. "There's nothing to eat!" he pouted. We all chuckled. "I'm calling Paul. I want food." He pulled out his phone and walked out.

"Wait...where's Louis?" I asked, noticing his absence. The boys looked around before Niall came back into the kitchen.

"You guys may want to come see this..." he said. We all looked at him confused, but followed him nonetheless into the living room.

There on the couch, laid Kayla in Louis' arms, fast asleep as she curled into Louis' chest, who had a wide grin on his face as he looked down at her.

He's in love. No way he's not.