Chapter 34

Anna's POV.

Jace and I walk into Starbucks, holding our hands tightly. We stand in line, waiting to take our orders. I take out my debt card, and get ready for ordering. Jace looks at me. I look up at him. "I can pay," he whispers. I purse my lips, and smile. I put my debt card back in my wallet.

We take our orders, and go sit at a table. "So the internship is going well," I say. Jace nods. "That's good! I got a call from the agency, they already want me to audition for something."

My eyes widen and I smile. "Aw! That's so cool," I say. He laughs.

"They said that once I get a degree in photography, they'd hire me."

Jace nods. "That's cool, you already have a job opportunity," He says. I nod. "Yeah. My dad will probably fight against that too." I say. Jace looks down. The barista calls our names. We stand up and walk over to the counter, carefully taking our drinks.

We walk out of Starbucks. "There's a party tonight, wanna go?" Jace asks. I squint my eyes, "I don't see why not. It'll fun," I say. Jace smiles. 

"Are you really wanting to do acting?" I ask. Jace nods. "I'm gonna give it a try. The audition is for a small part in a show. If I like it, I'll stick. But, according to you and a bunch of other people, I'm apparently good at this."

I laugh. "You are!" Jace smirks. "I'm probably not going to college," He says.

I look at him. "Really?"

He nods. "I don't know. My transcript is really fucked up. I mean, I'll graduate. I've passed all my classes. It's just I've been to four different schools since freshman year," He laughs. I giggle. "What do you wanna be when you grow up?" I ask.

"I never thought about it. I'm kinda just winging it and seeing if this acting thing will go somewhere. When I was younger I wanted to be a cop," he says. I laugh. "That's cute," I say. "I think I wanted to be a mailwoman," I laugh. Jace looks at me and laughs. "What?"

I stop from walking and laugh. Jace stops and looks at me, laughing. "What kid wants to be deliver mail?" He laughs. I laugh. "I don't know, I remember always wanting to get mail from the mailbox," I laugh. Jace laughs.

***

Jace's POV.

I sit in Anna's room, waiting for her to come back from getting ready for the party. I lean against the chair she has in front of her desk. I get a text from Sean.

Sean: you going to the party tonight?

Jace: yeahhhh. bringing anna too.

Sean: sweet.

The door opens. I look up as I shove my phone in my pocket. Anna walks in the room, looking gorgeous. My eyes widen.

She wears a long sleeved black crop top, with berry purple colored leather shorts. She has knee high black boots on, and her hair is straightened. Her makeup is all done, and she has a G-Eazy SnapBack on. She looks at me, and spins around on one heel. She giggles. I let out a breath. I stand up. I walk towards her.

"Does this look good?" She asks. I walk up close to her. I push the door closed, and gently push her against it. I cup her jaw with my hands and pull her into my kiss. I feel her kiss back passionately. I let go, and look in her eyes. She smiles. "Yes?" She asks. I chuckle. "You look fucking gorgeous," I reply.

***

I sit on the staircase, looking for Anna. We've been here at the party for a couple hours now. I'm just hoping she's safe.