Chapter 12

Anna's POV.

I walk upstairs to my room. I slam the door closed. I throw my bag on the floor. I cover my eyes with my hands and lay back on my bed.

I'm so stupid.

Jace is a jerk. A huge jerk. I let it all just slip past me. All because he gave me what I wanted.

I can't believe I even wanted sex.

It's funny because, we've only known each other for two weeks. In those two weeks so much has happened. I gave my trust to some guy who thinks of everything as a joke.

I wipe my eyes. I sniffle a couple times. I open my eyes and look at the ceiling.

I left the project at Jace's house. Bad idea. Now I'll fail history. All because of a joke.

A joke called love.

A joke that the city knows as Danger.

"Savannah?"

I groan. Dad. Just who I need to see now. He'll just tell me how right he was. Even though, he doesn't know half of what Jace and I did. It's best he doesn't. But he did tell me to break up with him. And I want to say he was right about that, but there's something in me telling me that I still love Jace.

I'm angry at him for being such a huge jerk and thinking participating in crime is funny. But at the same time, the badass attracts me.

I wipe my eyes again as my dad opens the door. "Savannah Rae, what are you doing?" He asks.

"I've had a long day. I'd like to sleep," I say bluntly.

"Well, come down for supper then you can. Did you get all your homework done?"

"Of course, dad."

He sits next to me. He looks at me. "Are you crying?" He asks. I sniffle and look at him.

"No," I say.

"Yes, you are. For what reason?" He asks.

"I'm just a naive person, when it comes to boys," I say softly. His eyes widen. He nods.

"You're too young. You know better, Savannah. Your mother and I have told you that you don't know what love is at this age. Once you become an adult, you won't know."

"Dad, I thought I did know. Clearly I was wrong. But do you really think I won't know until then?"

He nods. "You're only sixteen. Focus on school, sweetie. Not boys who are just heartbreakers."

He stands up and walks out of my room. I stare at the ceiling. That actually went better than I expected. I thought he'd come at me with the usual "YOU CANT DATE ANYONE." Or "YOURE GROUNDED FOR GOING OUT." I don't know. I was just expecting him to yell at me.

Maybe, he was thinking of doing that. But he knows that I've learned my lesson, and my punishment is heartbreak.

I stand up and stumble downstairs. I see Andrew and Addy sitting at the table. I gulp as I walk up to an open seat and pull the chair out. I sit down.

"You're home early. I thought I was going to pick you up?" My mom says.

"I walked home," I say. My dad raises an eyebrow. "You finished the project, right?"

I look down at my lap. "Y-Yeah."

My parents give confused looks. "Savannah, who was that you were telling me about a few minutes ago?"

I cringe. Fuck. I just had to open my mouth.

"Nobody."

"Really?"