Chapter 47

*next day*

Anna's POV.

I walk inside the house. It's silent, and the only light inside is coming from the sun. It's only 6pm. My shift ended thirty-minutes ago.

I walk upstairs after taking off my flip flops. I see my mom in the bathroom. She puts on her diamond earrings, while wearing a tight maroon dress.

"Why are you all dressed up?" I ask, standing in the doorway. She turns to me. "Didn't your dad tell you? We're going out for dinner to meet Maddy's new boyfriend," She says.

My eyes widen. I cackle. "Yeah, I'll be in my room," I say. I turn towards my room and start walking. "No, Savannah. You're coming with us," My father demands from downstairs. I stop and bite my lip.

"No, I'm not!" I retort.

"Anna, please don't fight with him. Just come along!" My mom begs.

I roll my eyes. "Fine!" I say. I open my bedroom door, tossing my bag on the floor. I open my closet door and look for a dress to wear.

***

I sit in the third row of my moms SUV. I made sure I sat alone and as far away from family as possible.

This dinner will be a mess. With dad and his overprotectiveness, and Maddy and her big ass mouth, it's gonna go downhill.

I can't believe he's this willing to meet Harry, Maddy's boyfriend. I guess it'd be the same for Jace if things ever went right.

But hey, that's my fault.

My phone vibrates, and I look at it. I see multiple likes and comments on my recent Instagram post. I unlock my phone and go into Instagram.

My post was a basic mirror pic of me, wearing my one sleeved black dress and my hair naturally curly. Basically what I'm wearing to this damn dinner. I read the comments.

jadexx: ahhhhh mom !

bbghayls: hot mom fijdneidje

jacenorman: what a hottie

addisynrc: my sister is gorgeous!

I crack a smile and look up at Addy. She turns and looks at me. She smiles. "Anna, you're so beautiful. I wish I was as pretty as you," She says.

I bite my lip. My dad looks up in the rear view mirror at me. He smiles.

"You are pretty, Addy! You're beautiful!" I compliment. Addy smiles. She mouths "thank you."

I look back at my phone and reply to the comments. I look at Jace's and my heart automatically throbs. My dad parks the car in the parking lot and shuts it off. Everyone unbuckles their seatbelts.

I quickly reply to his comment.

savraecarson: my thought when I look at you...

I shut off my phone and climb out from the back seat. I close the door behind me and follow my family inside.

When we enter, we go to Maddy and Harry's table. Harry has blonde hair and hazel eyes. My dad immediately goes up and introduces himself. I stand back and hold my purse.

"I'm Rebecca," my mom says, shaking Harry's hand. Maddy smiles, but looks at me. Her smile fades away. I roll my eyes. My dad points to the three of us to introduce ourselves. Addy and Andrew introduce themselves as my parents sit across from Maddy and Harry. My dad looks at me, and points from me to Harry. I put on a fake smile.

"Hi, I'm Savannah," I say, walking to him and shaking his hand. I tilt my head. "So nice to meet you!"

Harry flashes a smile and nods. "Nice to meet you too!"