Chapter 10

"Marilyn do you want to sing something?" Mr. Fields asked me. "We have some extra time." I looked around the room nervously. Everyone was nodding but I hesitated a little.

"I guess so." I gave up and went into the studio.

"What song?" Mr. Fields asked.

"Um," I thought for minute. "Honeymoon Avenue by Ariana Grande." I placed my headphones on and listened as the beat fills my ears.

"I looked in my rearview mirror and, it seems to make a lot more sense. Then what I see ahead of us, ahead us, hey now."

"I'm ready to make that turn, before we both crash and burn. 'Cause that could be the death if us, the death if us, babe."

"Baby you know how to drive in rain. And you decided not to make a change. Stuck in the same old lane, going the wrong way home."

"I feel like my heart is stuck in bumper to bumper. Traffic I'm under pressure 'cause I can't have you the way that I want lets just go back to the way it was. When we were on honeymoon avenue, honeymoon avenue. Baby coastin like crazy. Can we get back to the way it was?"

"Hey, what happened to the butterfiles? I guess they encountered that stop sign. And my heart is at a yellow light, a yellow light." Everyone was gathered outside the glass, smiling.

"Hey, right when I think that we found it. Well that's when we start turning around. Your saying 'baby don't worry', when we're still going the wrong way."

"Baby you know how to drive in rain. And you decided not to make a changed, stuck in the same old lane. Going the wrong way home. I feel like my heart is stuck in bumper to bumper. Traffic I'm under pressure cause I can't have you the way that I want lets just go back to the way it was."

"When we were on honeymoon avenue, honeymoon avenue. Baby coastin like crazy, can we get back to the way it was." I stopped there, even though it wasn't a full cover. I removed my headphones and walked out of the studio. I instantly got engulfed in a huge hug by who? None other than Ross.

"That was a great song. And we all know it was for me, right babe?" He said winking. I rolled my eyes and flicked his forehead. "Ow!" He yelped.

"No, it wasn't about you. I just really like that song." I shrugged as Riker hugged me. My eyes went wide, this was the first time we'd ever hugged before. I hugged him back and smiled.

"Great job. That was perfect." He complimented me.

"Thanks. You are really good too. You know I can whistle tone." I said back. He smiled at me.

"Do it!" Rydel yelled. They all encouraged me and I finally caved in.

"Okay! But later." I said. The gang packed up and left, but I rode with Riker. We arrived at my house and before I got out of the car, Riker grabbed my wrist gently.

"Don't forget our date tomorrow."

"I won't. Where are we going? Still to diner and the park right? I want to know so I can dress correctly."

"It's a surprise but try and wear a white dress." I nodded and hopped out of the car. I waved to Riker and got into my house.

---------------------------------------------

~Friday night aka date night~

I finally got my dress over my hips and pulled it up. Hanna picked it out, a flowy, strapless white dress with sparkly black belt around the waist. I put on my black high heels, and straightened my hair. I made sure everything looked great, before going downstairs.

Riker called me earlier and told me to meet him at school. I hopped in my car and sped to the school. I saw Riker there and felt my mouth water at him. His blonde hair was combed back with gel, showing off his chiseled bone structure. His blue button up under his black leather jacket made him look dorky yet badass at the same time. His jeans were ripped at the perfect proportion.

"Ready Marilyn?" He asked. I nodded and he took my hand, leading me to the car. I got in and didn't put on my seatbelt. I didn't want to wrinkle my dress. Riker drove us to a house with flashing lights, pulsing music, and teenagers everywhere.

"A party?" I grimaced.

"Yeah! Don't worry it'll be a night to remember." He said. I felt my stomach do a flip flop and shakily walked into the house with Riker. He lead me to his friends and I still didn't like them. I hated how they looked at me up and down, lust in all of their eyes.

"Want to dance?" Riker asked me as a slow song comes on.

"I'd love to." I replied. We glided to the center of the dance floor and swayed with our arms wrapped around each other. At around the middle of the song, everyone cleared away from us.

I asked Riker, "Why'd they do that?" Everyone was whispering and kept looking up.

"Get ready for your surprise." Riker whispered in my ear wickedly. He stepped away and I looked at him confused.

"What's going on? Riker!" I begged for an answer. Riker just stood there, a smug look on his face. Then, I was covered in a warm, black liquid from head to toe. I heard everyone laughing and saw them pointing. People had already started to take pictures, their phones flashing in my eyes.

Riker came up to me as I bawled my yes out. "C'mon Marilyn, you really thought I'd like you? I mean, you maybe hot, but your still a nerd." He snickered as I cried harder. I looked around and through the crowd of laughing people, I saw some cake and punch sitting on a near by table. I pranced over and grabbed it, shooting lasers into Riker's eyes on my walk back.

"You've had your fun, now I can have mine." I scowled. I smashed the cake in his hair, rubbing the icing all throughout his scalp. Then I threw the punch on him, spitting in it first.

"You bitch!" He yelled and I stomped on his foot. I turned around and left the party with tears streaming down my face and black ink dripping from my hair.

A/N: Riker's being an arse! I'm so happy! Why? I don't know I'm always happy!