Chapter 23

~Riker's POV~

"Ross, get your skinny ass down here so we can practice!" Rydel screamed from the bottom of the stairs.

"Rydel Mary," Mom warns and Rydel instantly apologized. Ross came down the stairs, dodging my attempt to punch him in the gut. Mom and Dad disappeared up the stairs and Rydel tackled Ross to the floor, pinning his arms above his head.

"Listen here shrimp boat. You know we're playing at this talent show and you know that there is going to be a lot of people there. Including directors, producers, and agents! So get this right and maybe you'll have a chance at being that big shot Disney boy you've always wanted to be! So get your shit together baby bro." Ross looked as though he was about to pee his pants and I pulled Rydel off of him and sent her to the piano.

"Woah." He said as I pull him up. "That's scary." I mouthed the word period to him and he laughed.

"Okay let's practice this new song we wrote." I said, strapping on my bass and strumming a few times to see where I needed to tune. Once my instrument is perfectly tuned, I started playing to the new song we wrote, Fallin' For You.

As we play, I saw a familiar pair of legs descend down the stairs and take a seat on the couch. Marilyn smiled at me as we sang, giving us roaring applause when we finished.

"That was really good!" She cheered and I kissed her quickly. Ross put away my bass for me and I sat down next to my blonde haired, blue eyed beauty of a girlfriend and pulled her legs across my lap.

"Who's up for a walk?" Rydel asked and we all nodded. I got up and saw that Marilyn was still on the couch, arms crossed over her chest, with her 'pouty' face on.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Can I have a piggyback ride?" I laughed and turned around.

"One, two, three!" She counted off and I felt her small body wrap around mine. I jogged up the stairs and leaned to the side suddenly, giving her the feeling of falling.

"Don't! Be cool!" She squealed. I caught up with the gang and we walked around the neighbor hood we grew up in. I started to think back to the first day we moved.

"Riker we are here in Hollywood Land!" Rydel clapped her hands in excitement.

"I know! We're gonna grow up and be rock stars Delly!" My blonde sister ran to my mom and helped her unpack her things.

Ross and Rocky were amazed by some girl in short shorts and a sports bra while Ryland grabbed fistfuls of grass and sprinkled them in the air.

"This is going to be great!" I encouraged my twelve year old self, not knowing that I was correct.

"Riker!" Marilyn's meek voice brought me back to reality. "Stop!" I noticed that I was in the middle of the street, and a busy one at that. I darted across, nearly facing death by a large SUV.

"Sorry baby. I was thinking about something." I apologized for my stupid actions.

"Put me down." I heard her say quietly. I let go and she hopped down, lacing our fingers together.

"How can I make this up to you?" I looked down at her, watching her small feet encased by her pink sneakers pad away at the sidewalk.

"Cuddle session." She smiled at me and I laughed.

"Deal." We continued to walk in a peaceful silence and admired the beauty of nature. Marilyn and I trailed away from my clan of siblings and caught up with them as they were heading into our home. I carried Marilyn to my room and toss her on my bed while I grabbed the remote.

"I love this blanket." She giggled and I see her snuggled into my blanket with the batman symbol on it. I snuggled her body into mine, like a puzzle piece, and turned on the tv. We were in the middle of a dramatic movie when my dad bursted into the room.

"Marilyn, it's an emergency." She bolted up and followed him, with me trailing behind them. She basically jumped down the stairs and crossed to the two officers, a policeman and a firefighter, standing in our living room.

"Are you Marilyn Johnson?" She nodded and looked back at me worriedly. I shrugged but sent her a small smile.

The policeman, noticing her scared attitude, spoke up. "You're not in trouble Miss. But there was an problem and we need you to come with us."

"May I join her sir?" I asked.

"Only if she wants you to." Marilyn nodded and I grabbed my hoodie from the hall closet and slipped it on, lacing our hands together.

"W-what is this about?" She stammered.

The firefighter sighed and placed a hand on Marilyn's shoulder. "It's your aunt." I saw the color drain from her face as they lead us to a car.

A/N: GUESS WHO'S BACK?! MEEE!!! 💁

I'm seeing TFIOS on Wednesday with my crush and my friends and OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm freaking out 😱

I hope you guys liked this chatper!! Comment what you think happened to Marilyn's aunt! 🐷

QOTD: What other artist do you like besides R5? 🎶

AOTD: IGGY AZALEA 😭😭😍😍😘😘