Chapter 36

"You're such a solider." Riker laughed. "You're second tattoo!"

I looked at my wrist in my lap. It was perfect, but stung like hell. It was wrapped in that weird plastic-ey stuff that you have to keep on for a few hours.

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes. The sun was high in the sky yet it was chilly outside. October in California was supposed to be warm but this year it wasn't. "What do you want to do when we get home?"

Riker shrugged, "Make memories." He smiled at me and I melted on the inside. I shook my head and turned on the radio. We sang along to Fancy by Iggy Azalea until we got home. Ryland had a football game so Mark and Stormie were there for him. Rydel had dance. Rocky was on the front porch with Ross and Ellington, playing a card game. We we parked I went over to them and look at all on their hands.

"What are you playing?" I questioned.

Ross replied, "BS. Wanna join after this round?"

"Maybe later on." I walked into the house and took off my shoes. My long, skinny fingers ached for the keys on a piano. I went into the basement and stood at Rydel's keyboard. I knew what chords to play, what notes to hit, but I didn't know what lyrics to sing so I just played a song that I wrote when I was six. Memories flooded my mind.

"Daddy! Mommy! I wrote a song!" My young voice rang all through our the house. My dad swooped me up an took my to my piano.

"Play it for us, baby girl." My mother said. I played the song that consisted of four different chords.

"I love you! I love you over the moon! I love you when I'm down! I love you!" I sang along to the music. "Did you like it?" My dad picked me up and attacked me with tickles and kisses that made me writhe and squeal.

"We loved it! And we love you too!" My mom joined in on the kisses and I couldn't stop giggling.

"Marilyn? Are you okay?" Riker shook me from my thoughts. I swiped tears from my eyes and nodded.

"Just thinking." Riker's hands moved mine and he started playing chords to a song. He was really good. "Hey, do you want to make a duet and put it on YouTube?"

Riker nodded, "Sure! What song?"

"Don't Be Gone Too Long by Ariana Grande and Chris Brown." I smiled. Riker and I decided to film it in our room since it was relatively private so we wouldn't get interrupted and make editing a pain in the ass. While I printed off the lyrics from Google, he set up his webcam and got his acoustic guitar. We ran through it a few times, learning what notes to hit and when and how to make our voices sound great together.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yep!" I kissed him on the cheek and ran my hand through my hair. He clicked record.

Riker did the greeting. "Hi R5family! It's Riker and Marilyn and we're going to do a cover of Don't Be Gone Too Long by Ariana Grande and Chris Brown. We hope you enjoy!"

"Two, three, four," I counted off for him. He started strumming and I closed my eyes through the intro.

We changed it up a bit, compared to the normal song. Riker started off, "I dug a single seed into the ground I hope it grows, grows in a year or two if you're around you'll see a rose, rose. Pack me up and keep me hidden somewhere that you can find me. On this train to Paris going nowhere, trouble is behind me."

The both of us, "Don't be gone too long (too long), cause you won't be there to love me when you're gone. Don't be gone too long (too long). Tell me who's gonna love me when you're gone

I took the second verse, "Golden leaves are dancing on the ground. It's getting cold, cold. Safe from time, we'll be forever young never old, old. See you out in space behind me, all the wonder written in your face, was there beside me."

Riker rejoined, "Don't be gone too long (too long), cause you won't be there to love me when you're gone. Don't be gone too long (too long). Tell me who's gonna love me when you're gone,"

"Bring it back to me, bring it back to me Is it really over? Bring it back to me, bring it back to me," I added a few whistle notes.

"Don't be gone too long (too long), cause you won't be there to love me when you're gone. Don't be gone too long (too long). Tell me who's gonna love me when you're gone,"

"Don't be gone too long (too long), cause you won't be there to love me when you're gone. Don't be gone too long (too long). Tell me who's gonna love me when you're gone." We needed our duet with a final strum of Riker's guitar. He ended the video a few seconds later and smiled at me.

"Your whistles were amazing. Way better than Ariana's." He kissed me and I blushed.

"Thanks. Your voice is so strong and soulful." We just sat there, staring at each other for a few minuets.

Riker cleared his throat, "I'll edit this later on. Do you want to learn some guitar?"

"I'm not cut out for that instrument whatsoever." Riker laughed at me. "I just want to lay in bed in pajamas and sleep."

"Okay," He put his guitar away in it's case next to his packed bags. I took off my jeans in exchange for my shirt and cotton sleeping shorts. I crawled under our duvet and inhaled Riker's scent. He forgot to take off his shirt, so I did it for him and I put it on.

"You're a dork," He commented with a kiss to my nose. "But you're my dork."

Twelve days left.