Chapter 20

A/N: Anything that is written like this is a thought of who ever has the point of view. This chapter is fast forwarded to their one month anniversary.

--------------

I was saddened when my family left, but they are coming back in a few months. Today Riker and I celebrated our one month anniversary. I got up extra early and took an amazing shower, singing some songs all the while. I straightened my still shortish hair and put on a electric blue crop top, white chiffon skirt, with my black combat boots. When I was in math, doodling in my note book an anime sketch of Riker and me with hearts all around it, I wasn't paying attention to Mr. Pollock.

"Marilyn." He snapped me from my thoughts and I shut my book.

"Yes sir?" I choked out.

"Can you solve this for us?" I got up and looked at the equation. "10i + 6 < 6 + 30u." I read it out loud and up capped the red Expo marker. I started to solve it and quickly found the answer.

"Well," He tapped his foot.

"The answer is i is greater than 3u." I circle my answer I <3 U.

"Very good Ms Johnson." I took my seat and continued my sketch until the bell had rung. I found my locker was completely different than before I left for math. It had streamers taped to it and a card stuck to it as well. I opened it and read it.

"Happy anniversary, Marilyn! This past month has been an amazing one, all be uses of one special girl. I set up a little scavenger hunt for you. So, your first clue is to go the place where we had our first 'hang out' together. Ask for Jesse. Xo, Riker."

"Clever." I said to myself and opened my locker, grabbing my science book.

--------------

After school, I instantly left and drove to the park where we had our first study date. I found the ice cream stand and saw a guy there. He looked like a Jesse, slicked back hair, with sunglasses on.

I crossed over to him and asked, "Are you Jesse?" He nodded and handed me another index card.

"I see you have a pretty good memory. Let's put that to the test. Now, go to the place where I asked you on our first date. Ever. Oh, I may this one hard to find. At least, for the vertically challenged. Have fun! - Riker."

"Thanks!" I said as I walked to my Jeep, confused. I thought for about fifteen minutes until a commercial for Burger King came on the radio. "Oh!" I snapped and drove to Burger King. I looked around and was tempted to give up until a tiny piece of white paper taped above the doorway caught my eye. I would've jumped for it myself, but I was only five foot, thus I was vertically challenged. I saw a tall man walking in and had him grab it for me.

"Kudos for making it this far! You're 3/4 of the way done. One more stop and you'll be done! Just go to the place where we had our first fight. There'll be one more clue, plus a little stroll down memory lane. See you very soon. - Riker <3."

"Ugh!" I said playfully and jumped into my Jeep. I knew I had to go to Riker's house, the please where we had that huge fight after he pushed me into the pond. I knocked on the door and Rocky let me in and kissed my hand, just like the first time I was ever here. I ruffled his hair as he handed me a big box and he lead me to a familiar area, Riker's room. I closed the door and tore open the box, finding a beautiful sky blue dress and a pair of white, glittered shoes.

Marilyn, go into the closet and change into the new outfit. Come out and stand there. Xo, Riker.

I opened the closet door and changed into the beautiful dress and shoes. The dress grazed my shins and was really flowy. I stepped out and waited. I saw the door open and Riker entered with a bouquet of roses and was handsomely dressed in a black and white tux with a bow tie that matched my dress.

"You look stunning." He gasped as he handed me my flowers. I blushed and accepted them, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you. So do you!" He smiled and I smelled the roses. "These flowers are lovely." He grabbed my free hand and lead me down the hall to see all of his family members gathered around smiling widely.

"Well guys, thank you all so much for the preparation of tonight!" Riker said to his family. "I love you guys and we'll be back later on."

"Wait!" Rydel said, running down the stairs. "I need a picture of you guys." We posed as if it were a prom picture, Riker behind me with his arms around my waist. We smiled and Rydel took the picture with her phone. "Got it." We exited his home and Riker drove us to the beach. Riker pulled a picnic basket out of the backseat and I left my flowers in the car. We locked hands and he lead me to a cave where I stooped down a little to go in.

"Wow!" I gasped at the scenery. Fairy lights were hung up and there was my favorite music playing in the background. A small blanket and vase of flowers indicated our dining spot as Riker climbed in after me.

"Do you like it?" I could only nod because I was speechless at the beauty of the place.

"I love it!" He kissed my cheek and we sat down on the blanket and dug into the picnic. He packed cold pizza, my personal favorite, a bag of chips, and two cans of sparkling iced tea. Riker told awful jokes that made me fall for him even more. We dined on the U perfect yet perfect meal and talked for a while until we got full.

"Marilyn, I love you." I was stunned at his words.

"I love you too." I leaned over and crashed my lips on his, making him tumble on his back with me straddling him. We continued to lock lips and I felt his tongue push against my closed lips. I didn't open but he bit my lip forcing me to gasp and he flipped me over so he's on top.

"Feisty." I smirked at him and I mimicked his movements he did with his mouth. We made out for another few minutes and he pulled back with my pink lipgloss all over his face. I giggled at him and stood up, pulling Riker up with me.

"This was amazing." I said as we fell into each other's arms, swaying to the beat of the music.

"It was. Thank you for an amazing past month and thank you for changing my heart." I smiled at his kind words and kissed his lips.

"I didn't do it by my self. And it wasn't easy. But I'm glad I did." I told him. I heard rain start to pour outside and I tripped over a rock, crashing into the pool in the middle of the cave. I would've been fine, if only that bolt of lightning hadn't struck the water, causing my world to go black.

A/N: Cliff hangers are fun :) Xo