Chapter 49

-Marilyn's POV-

R5 had been on tour for a week now. Riker kept his promises to call me before and after the show and he would call me before I went to bed. I thought I was handling them being away very well! I had only cried once since they'd left and I Skyped them a lot. I had started teaching and the girls loved me! I mean it was my first week, but they were all so sweet. Today was Riker's birthday! I sent him a happy birthday text at midnight and he replied with a smiley face. I decided to call him since he was always up by nine.

"Hey sweetness." He answered, his voice still groggily with sleep.

"Good morning birthday boy!" I cheered, pouring myself a cup of morning coffee. My arms were sore from teaching the past few days. "What's it like being twenty?"

"Pretty good, I guess. I don't feel any different." Riker chuckled. "Rydel made me waffles with Nutella this morning."

"That sounds good." I took a sip of the coffee. "Where's the show tonight?"

"Bismarck."

"How cold is it going to be?" I asked.

"Let me check." I heard a tv turn on in the background. "Gosh. It's only going to be twenty. But, we're performing inside, thankfully."

"That's good."

"How's your gymnastics going?" Riker's voice asked.

"Amazing! The toddlers are really easy going and everyone's a fast learner. I'm putting together a short combination to Circus by Britney Spears for the teenagers."

"I'm happy to hear it's all going well. Mom called me earlier and we talked for a while."

"We're about to go grocery shopping in a few hours." I took another sip of coffee. "I miss you."

I heard voices in the background. "I miss you too."

I checked the time. "Riker, I'm so sorry but I have to go. I'll text you in a little bit."

"Okay." He sounded disappointed. "Well, I love you."

"I love you too. Tell everyone I said hi and give them my love."

"I will."

"Bye baby."

"Bye love." Riker hung up on his end. I watched Jenna Marbles as I finished my coffee and took a quick shower upstairs. I changed into a pair of dark washed jeans, a light blue sweater, and my brown knee high heeled boots. I straightened my hair and got flustered at how long it took. It was getting unmanageably long, plus my ends were dead. I swiped on my makeup and grabbed my jacket. I poked my head in Stormie's room to see her curling her platinum blonde hair.

"Hey Stormie."

She smiled. "Hey Marilyn. Did you talk to Riker today?"

"Yeah. He said Rydel made him waffles with Nutella."

"Yup!"

"Do you think I could take a raincheck on grocery shopping? I really need to get a haircut." I held up my damaged ends.

"Of course sweetie. You put everything you wanted on the list right?"

"Yeah. Thanks Stormie." I kissed her cheek and walked out of the door.

-----------

I decided to go to the salon my aunt always took me to. I walked up to the woman at the front desk who recognized me. "Hey Marilyn!"

"Hey Becky. I am in desperate need of a haircut."

She looked my hair over. "Defiantly. Here, I'll take care of you today." Becky led me to her station which was all the way in the back. "Take a seat while I get out my stuff." I sat down and pulled out my phone. I started texting Rydel as Becky began to comb through my thick hair. "I wish I had all of this hair."