Chapter 8

So it was Thursday and I had gym. I tumbled out of bed and to my closet. I found a pink V-neck, some white shorts, and my black Converse. I headed into my bathroom and took a shower, letting the water trickle down my back as I shaved.

I rinsed off and washed up. I wrapped my self in a towel and combed my long, waist length hair. I changed into my clothes and did my hair, blow drying and curling the ends as usual.

I grabbed my backpack and iPhone and left, snatching a fruit bar off of the table. I drove to school and park in the senior parking lot.

I snacked on my fruit bar and saw Riker walk by. I honk softy and he crossed over. I unlocked the door and Riker slid in.

"Hey." He greeted me. His hair is tucked under a bright blue beanie and he's wearing his glasses.

"Hi. Are we still on for tutoring after school?"

"Yeah." He fidgeted with his hands like he was nervous.

"Are you okay Riker? You seem a little on edge."

"What?" He lookec up. "I'm fine just thinking. Can you believe we'll be in college next year?"

"Yeah. I'm ready for it. I've gotten a scholarship to NYU."

"Impressive! Congrats!" He high fived me and I smiled. We grabbed our stuff and walked into the building together.

"I'll see you later Riker." I said and he waved. I unlocked my locker and grabbed my math stuff. I tucked my phone away in my binder and ran up the stairs to class.