the world turned upside down

"Well, shit. That's amazing." Maya mumbles before hugging Brendon again "Why would I be mad?" she asks quietly, sitting on the floor. He shrugs "I don't know, we didn't know how you'd react, and I just didn't want you thinking something that wasn't true." Brendon holds her hands gently "So you're not upset, or anything?" he asks, a concered expression set on his face, Maya shakes her head "Of course not, I think its awesome. And Amelia will too, don't worry." Brendon kisses her forehead "What did we do to deserve you?" he mumbles, and she laughs.

maya: does this mean amelia and i aren't the babies of the band kids anymore 🙊

mothershipurie✨: i literally told brendon i wanted to tell you

mothershipurie✨: what an ass

mothershipurie✨: but yes 👻

maya: im really happy for you guys mom

mothershipurie✨: what did we ever do to deserve you may x

maya: dad legit said the same thing

maya: it's hard being such a blessing sometimes

mothershipurie✨: great minds think alike 

maya: hmm sure

maya: i love you mom

mothershipurie✨: i love you too sweetheart, have a good show. you're gonna do great x 

At soundcheck, Brendon's all smiles, and his positive energy continues into the show "Sydney, you look amazing." he smiles out at the crowd "We're gonna do a bit of an impromptu cover." Ryan raises an eyebrow "And by that Brendon means he's completely changing the set list." Brendon rolls his eyes "Anyway, we're gonna do Wonderwall, by Oasis."

Maya picks up her acoustic, strumming as Brendon pushes his sweaty hair off his forehead, Maya leans into the mic "Cover your eyes children, he's taking his shirt off." Brendon laughs, shaking his head as he picks up his gold microphone "Today is be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you. By now you should've somehow realised what you've gotta do." Ryan steps up to his mic to join singing "I don't believe that anybody, feels the way I do, about you now." Dan begins to play, as does Dallon "Backbeat, the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out. I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt." Maya, still playing her guitar, takes a step forward to sing with her dad and Ryan "I don't believe that anybody, feels the way I do, about you now. And all the roads we have to walk are winding. And all the lights that lead us there are blinding." Maya steps back, and Brendon steps forward onto a riser "There are many things, that I would like to say to you but I don't know how." The crowd have all turned on their phone lights, lighting up the arena "Cause maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me, and after all, your my wonderwall."

They finish the song to the screams of the crowd, and Maya talks as Brendon walks back to the drum riser to get water "How're my people in the pit?" through the screaming, a boy in the third row of people waves a trans pride flag frantically, Maya glances to Ryan who nods "Who brought a flag to today's show?" she asks, looking to Zack who smiles, shaking his head as he talks to the venue security "Can we get some flags up on stage?" Ryan raises an eyebrow at the crowd, who begin passing flags to the front of the pit, where they're handed to security. Zack throws the blue, white and pink flag to Maya, who hangs it across her mic stand, fastening it with her mic as Ryan and Dallon do the same with a rainbow flag, and a pansexual pride flag. Dan hangs an ace flag off his drums, and Brendon walks back to his mic stand "You've redecorated without me." he jokes, leaning out past his stand "Can I grab that flag off you?" he asks someone in thr front of the pit, who hands him a bi pride flag "Thank you darlin'." He smiles "I, don't wanna hear you've got a boyfriend, sometimes, you're better off alone." The band watches, smiling as the arena fills with colored light as the crowd holds the paper hearts to their phone torches "Girls love girls and boy," Brendon sings, Maya, Dallon and Ryan sing the backup "Sophisticated, manipulated." The whole venue is flooded in the colored light, Maya stops playing to happily hold up another flag that's tossed onto the stage. Brendon smiles proudly at his daughter, singing.

"Sydney, thank you so much." Brendon laughs, his arm over Maya's shoulder as the band stand together, Dan next to Maya, Dallon next to Ryan, Brendon's right arm over Ryan's shoulder "We'll see you guys again soon."

The six other shows go without a hitch, and Sarah's waiting for them at the airport when they arrive back in LA. Maya smiles, running to her mom and hugging her "Can I tweet about it if I'm super vague?" Maya jokes, and Sarah laughs "Sure." They walk back to the car, talking about home and the tour and everything in between.

@ mayaurie: if you think about it we're almost the brady bunch @ brendonurie @ hellosarahurie @ ameliaurie

@ brendonurie: are you calling me an 80's sitcom @ mayaurie

@ hellosarahurie : maya's not but i am @ brendonurie

@ mayaurie : that was mom not me   @ brendonurie

@ ameliaurie : are you calling me out for being ginger @ mayaurie

@ mayaurie : for the last time you're more blonde than ginger @ ameliaurie

@ petewentz : stop omg you're all in one car @ mayaurie

@ ameliaurie : rude @ petewentz

@ petewentz :  new phone who dis @ ameliaurie

@ ameliaurie : BLOCKED @ petewentz

Maya bursts into a fit of laughter as she reads Pete and Amelia's tweets, and Brendon shakes his head, laughing with Sarah in the front seats of the car.

They tell Spencer and Linda, after their own parents. And then Meagan and Pete, followed by Jenna and Tyler, Debby and Josh before they announce it on twitter.

@ brendonurie : sarah's sad that she can't drink for nine months

When she gets the notification for his tweet, Sarah rolls her eyes, watching her notifications as people reply with varying degrees of excitement.

@ urielectric : is she doing like a detox thing @ hellosarahurie ?

@ urielectric : wait nevermind i got that horribly wrong BUT CONGRATS

Brendon almost falls of the sofa laughing, and Maya snorts, before retweeting it.

"I'm going to bed," Maya calls, beginning to walk up the stairs to her room "May," Sarah stops her "I'm so, so proud of you." she smiles, and Maya takes the three steps back down to hug her "I love you mom." Sarah kisses her forehead "I love you too Maya."

a/n: just a heads up that the next chapter will have like a whole nine month timeskip lmao

anyway

happy late easter if you celebrate it :)

grace x