i may never sleep tonight

Pete takes Maya out to the ice-cream place they'd gone to the first day Pete and the boys had picked her up from school. When they're finished there, Pete goes via the studio to pick up a few things before driving back to his place. Meagan isn't home yet, so neither is Saint or Bronx. Maya's tired, so Pete gets her a blanket and some pillows, letting her fall asleep on the sofa.

When she wakes up, Meagan's in the kitchen with Pete cooking dinner. Pete's singing poorly to a song that Maya can't name. She stands, and Meagan smiles "Hey Maya, how'd you sleep?" Maya smiles back, hugging the taller woman "Good, thanks for letting me borrow your sofa." Meagan laughs, pulling her hair up into a ponytail "The boys are downstairs, they've got a new game they want to show you." Maya grins, hugging Pete before she makes her way downstairs  "Where are my favorite Wentz's?" she calls, and suddenly the two boys are scrambling to hug her first. Maya laughs "Hey boys," Saint leaps back over the sofa "Check out this new game," Maya allows herself to be pulled around the lounge after the pair, shaking her head and laughing.

Maya drags herself and Bronx back upstairs, Saint rushing ahead as they walk to the kitchen "I should be getting home-" Pete rolls his eyes "Maya, don't be ridiculous, you don't have a car, and it's almost ten." Maya groans, letting Bronx tug her sleeve toward the table as Meagan takes three plates of pasta from Pete, who carries another two "I keep to be doing this too often," Meagan raises an eyebrow "You're more than welcome to stay whenever you like May." Maya smiles "I know, it's just with everything with school, home seems a little busy." Pete nods "Home gets a little busy sometimes." Maya shrugs "But in other news, this is damn good pasta."

"Hey dad," she answers, leaning against the glass door of the balcony. Brendon rubs his eyes, yawning "Would've been nice if you'd texted kiddo," he jokes, and Maya sighs "I know, Pete said he'd call you but I guess he was busy." Brendon nods "It's fine, Ryan'll come get you tomorrow morning, I'm meeting up with someone to talk over a couple of things," Maya raises and eyebrow "What kind of things?" Brendon shrugs "You'll find out soon enough, if it all goes to plan. Anyway, it's late, you should be going to bed." she rolls her eyes "Dad," Brendon laughs "Maya," she groans "Fine, tell mom I said goodnight." Brendon smiles "I will, sleep tight kiddo." Maya nods "Love you dad."

"Urie, let's go." Ryan calls from the kitchen, and Pete laughs "C'mon Maya." The girl groans, dragging herself down the hallway and hugging Ryan. Pete laughs again "I'll see you soon kid." she raises her eyebrows as he hugs her a final time before she leaves with Ryan. "So who's dad talking to?" She asks, leaning her head on the window of Ryan's car. He shrugs "Can't say yet," Maya pushes her glasses on as she picks her phone up "Oh come on Ry, Dad won't tell me, so you have to." Ryan laughs, shaking his head "You'll find out soon, promise." she rolls her eyes "Fine."

"Hey sweetheart," Sarah hugs Maya as she enters, and Maya glances outside "He'll be halfway to New York by now." Maya mutters, and Sarah sighs "May, you'll be okay." Sarah rubs her back, and her daughter nods, hugging Sarah tightly. Brendon bursts into the room, followed by Ryan, Pete, Tyler and Gerard. Maya steps away from Sarah "Um," Brendon throws her into the air "Ready for a tour?" Maya's face breaks into a smile, and she throws her arms around his neck "Really?" Brendon nods, passing her onto Gerard "Really, really." she grins as he continues "Frank's flying down next week, we figured it's been long enough, and now's as good a time as ever to hit the road for a bit." She grins, hugging him before she moves on to Pete "Why didn't you tell me?" Pete laughs "We had to finalise everything with Frank, sorry kid." He jokes, and Maya shakes her head before hugging Tyler and Ryan.

Amelia arrives home with Piper, who's basically moved in since they graduated. Sarah waves them into the lounge, where the boys, now joined by Josh, Mikey, and Patrick sit on the sofa and  the floor. Amelia raises an eyebrow "What's going on?" Brendon smiles nervously "We're going on tour, with everyone." Amelia smiles "That's so awesome," but her dad's face falters "Also, this arrived for you today." he hands her an envelope. She turns it over to find University of Utah inscribed on the back. She tears it open, and reads the letter carefully.

"I've been accepted."

Maya's face falls slightly, and Tyler reaches for her arm, but she stands, walking upstairs without showing her face. Amelia frowns, and Sarah shakes her head "She's just tired." Josh stands "I'll go up, you guys should probably talk." 

Josh knocks on her door lightly "Maya," she doesn't reply, and he pushes the door open "Maya it's okay." She's lying face down on her bed, crying. Josh sighs as he sits next to her "C'mon Maya," she sits up, wiping her face "It's not fair, everyone's leaving." she cries, and Josh pulls her into a hug "Yeah, it seems like that doesn't it, but it's not forever." She holds onto him tightly "But first Noah, and now Mel, and Piper's gonna go with her, and I'm staying here." Josh pushes her hair off her face "You know it's not forever, and you're doing amazing things staying here." 

"But she's not coming on tour either." 

Josh nods "I know kid, but you're gonna have your mom and dad, and Gerard and Pete and me and Tyler, and Jenna. You're gonna be fine." She nods, sniffing "Thank you." Josh laughs "You've gotta stop thanking me when I don't deserve it." 

a/n: holy crap 5k to 6k on impossible year within two week that's crazy you guys + i know i was going to publish this chapter for a 5k celebration, but i got caught up in some school drama and i couldn't get it finished on time sorry :(

+ as a quick little plug, have you guys checked out my two (soon to be three when i start publishing a josh dun fic) new books, four-oh-five, and brendon/sarah college fic and tear in my heart, an adopted by tyler joseph/josher (don't kill me i love tyler and jenna but i accidentally wrote it with joshler in like 2013) anyway ! check those out if you want, and i hope you liked this chapter (you guys have been super quiet please tell me you don't hate the story now)

grace x