let her go

"Are you sure you've got everything?" Brendon asks a final time, and Amelia nods "Yes, dad. I've checked like fourteen times." Brendon laughs nervously "Yeah, I'm just-" Amelia cuts him off with a hug "I'm going to be fine dad, and I'll see you guys in a couple of weeks anyway." Brendon nods "Yeah. I love you." He kisses her forehead before Sarah hugs her "You're going to have a great time, okay? Just, don't forget to text us." Amelia nods "How could I," she jokes, and Sarah shakes her head, laughing "I love you Amelia." Amelia smiles at her parents "Love you too guys." Maya trudges out of the car, Pete's beanie resting on her head, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders "Okay, I'm here this early, where's my hug." Amelia laughs, wrapping her arms around her sister "I'm going to miss you." she mutters, and Amelia nods "I'll miss you too." they hug for another minutes before Amelia pulls back "Love you Maya." Maya grins, tugging the beanie down "Love you too."

"What's it like now Amelia's gone to college?" Maya reads from the comments of the livestream, shrugging "I basically have the whole second floor of the house to myself, but i miss her." Sarah smiles, hugging Maya from behind "Yeah, we miss her." Brendon steps into the frame "But we've got a super big surprise coming out tomorrow, so stay tuned for that." Maya grins, nodding.

The reaction to the tour is more than they could've hoped for. When the news about my chem comes out, it's like half the music-interested population resurrects themselves. Sarah's coming with them, and they're getting on the bus in LA, driving up to Vegas for the first show. It's almost four am when Brendon wakes Maya up "C'mon," he carries her bags, as she stumbles behind him to the Uber. Panic's bus leaves first, Pete running late as usual. It's a long drive, during which Maya claims a top bunk, and starts another livestream, this time with Ryan and Dallon.

She practically sprints off the bus to hug Tyler and Josh when they reach Vegas. They begin moving into the venue, and a few people are already setting up for interviews. With a few hours to go until the show, Maya takes a walk with Frank along the lines of fans who've been camping out. They take photos and spend time talking to the aspiring musicians and artists, before Maya get's a text from Zack telling them that fall out boy's sound check is done and they need to come back.

Tyler and Josh open the show, like they did so many years ago for Panic! and Fall Out Boy. Then Fall Out Boy play, Maya coming onto the stage at some point through both shows, before Panic's show. My Chemical Romance plays last. The atmosphere in the venue changes, and Gerard, his hesitant-alien hair restored to it's former neon glory. Maya hugs each of them before they walk onto the dark stage. 

There's the beeping of a heart monitor, and then screaming from the audience as they recognise  The End. Gerard laughs quietly before they launch into the song, and it's just like old times. The crowd loves it, and the bands standing a few meters off stage love it. When they leave the stage, Maya throws herself at Gerard "That was," she takes a big breath "Amazing." Gerard laughs, hugging her back "Thanks space girl."

Brendon's allowed to choose their dinner stop, seeing as he grew up in vegas. He leads the group to a cafe "God, I haven't been here in years." He mutters as they step inside. They each order, before sitting at the largest table, that barely fits the group of bands. Maya laughs through her drink "So, you worked at the smoothie place down there?" Brendon nods unashamedly "Hell yeah, I used to sing for tips." Pete laughs "Didn't you have that blue uniform thing," Brendon frowns for a moment, trying to remember "The one with the hat?" He confirms, and Pete nods, bursting into a fit of laughter again "Yeah, that hat, oh my god." Everyone begins laughing as Pete pulls up a photo of Brendon wearing the uniform, Brendon buries his face in his hands, laughing too.

They play two shows in Vegas, Maya sits in Panic's dressing room an hour before soundcheck. Brendon opens the door, hushing a conversation in the hallway "Maya?" She glances up "Yeah," Brendon pushes the door open, revealing Grace and Boyd. Maya grins "Gran!" She hugs the older woman "Grandpa!" She smiles, hugging him too. Brendon laughs, closing the door behind Sarah "They wanted to surprise you, even though we were going to their place tonight." Grace laughs, frowning at Brendon "Let us spoil our grandkids." Boyd turns to Brendon and Sarah "How's Amelia settling into college?" Sarah nods "She's doing great, she's up there with Piper, and they're going really well." Grace sits with Maya "Brendon and Sarah are looking after you?" she jokes, and Maya nods "Yes gran, I'm fine." Grace laughs "As long as you're not getting in too much trouble." Maya laughs back "If it's trouble you're worried about, it's Pete you should be watching out for." Grace laughs, standing "Where is that wentz boy? I haven't seen him in years." Brendon rolls his eyes "Sometimes I wonder if mom loves me or Pete."

a/n: yikes get ready for the next chapter kiddies

i'm sorry in advance tbh

grace x