wake me up when it's all over

Sarah shakes Brendon awake, two weeks have passed. The other bands refuse to leave them.

"Brendon, Bren she's waking up." he looks up straight away "What?" Sarah nods toward their daughter, who's beginning to blink her eyes open.
She slowly attempts to sit up, before falling back "Maya, hon stay still." Sarah pushes her hair away from her face "Hey sweetheart." Maya looks across to them "Mom?" Sarah nods shakily "Yeah, I'm here." Maya tries to look over without turning her head "Where's dad? What happened? Is he okay?" Sarah nods, stroking Maya's hair carefully away from her face "We're all okay baby, he's right here." Brendon moves closer to Sarah so Maya can see him "Dad," he nods "Hey kiddo, you're okay." her eyes are wide and scared "What happened?"

Brendon holds her hand "Well, remember that storm? It got really bad, and you were out of your bunk,"

Maya gasps "The driver," she mutters, and Brendon nods "Yeah," she cuts him off again "I got up to get some water and I couldn't sleep, so I was in the lounge, and the driver wouldn't slow down, and he hit a tree that was across the road." Brendon's silent, holding his hand to his forehead "That explains a lot." he mumbles, and Sarah sighs "The bus rolled about four times." she finishes the explanation "Baby, the doctor's going to come in soon, they're going to explain what's going to happen to you, okay?" Maya nods hesitantly "Am I going to be okay?" she asks quietly, Sarah bites the inside of her lip, not wanting to lie to Maya "Yeah, you're going to be alright sweetheart."

"All in all, your injuries are quite severe. But you should be able to make a full recovery." Maya looks like she's about to cry, and the doctor gives the two adults a knowing look leaving.

"Honey it's not forever,you've just gotta do some physio-type stuff for a while." Brendon reasons, and Sarah nods "We're gonna fly home and go see the doctor we usually see, you're going to be okay." Maya's silent. Brendon sighs, rubbing his eyes "I'm going to get some of the guys. Breezy's coming up to get Dallon tomorrow, Ryan's coming back with us. I'm still trying to convince the others to go back and finish the tour." Sarah frowns "Brendon, they care about Maya just as much as we do. I know it's best for the fans and the label, but is it best for the bands?"

Brendon's silent for a long time, before a tired Pete, Gerard and Ryan all entre "Hey kid." Pete smiles softly, and Maya waves "Hey." she mutters. Brendon and Sarah stand, leaving the room for a while as the three others talk to Maya "So the doctor said I have to do physical therapy for my legs, and I probably won't be able to walk wothout crutches for a few months." she mumbles, Ryan sighs, and Gerard hugs her around all the wires and tubes covering her body "You'll be okay Maya, we're all going to be here the whole time." Maya frowns "You guys aren't going back on tour?" All three shake their heads.

"Not until you're safe and sound and can come with us." Tyler interjects from the door. Maya grins, holding her arms out to hug Tyler "Ty," she mumbles into his shoulder, and he nods "You're going to be fine. And I think a break is going to do everyone some good."

Joe, Patrick, Andy and Pete stay with her in the afternoon. Gerard, Frank, Ray and Mikey spend the evening there while the others get food and sort out what's happening and how they're getting home. Maya leans forward slightly, looking over Frank's shoulder as he types something on his phone "You're writing a whole spiel for twitter too?" Frank rolls his eyes at her "It's important." she raises an eyebrow "What is it?" he pauses "Don't tell the guys yet, but Jamia and I bought a house in LA, we were planning on moving after the tour, but I guess that's now, so she's just finished the removal stuff, and she's meeting me with Cherry, Lily and Miles in LA." Maya smiles "Finally. Took you long enough, you New Jersey cockroach." Frank only laughs in reply.

"C'mon May, we're going home." Sarah gently wakes her up, and there are nurses filling the room instead of her family. Sarah's there, but she can hear Brendon outside on the phone. A nurse steps closer to her bed, "Honey we're going to get you to lift yourself up on your arms, and then-" Maya looks to sarah "Why can't I stand?" The nurse glances to Sarah, who remains silent "Mom, why can't I stand?" Sarah runs a hand through her hair "Maya, the doctor told you it was bad, just, don't freak out okay? You're going to get better." The nurse slowly moves the covers off Maya's legs, and the 17 year old stares in silence. The parts of her legs she can see are bruised, she doesn't want to think about the parts she can't see.

She can't move her legs. She can feel them, perfectly fine, but she can't make them move "Mom," she looks up, and Sarah hugs her "You're gonna be okay baby. I promise, you'll be alright." The nurse repeats what she needs Maya to do, and Maya asks quietly for Brendon. Sarah steps out, retrieving her husband, taking his phone and continuing the conversation where he left off.

Brendon steps up next to the nurse, who tells him how to carry Maya to the wheelchair a few meters from her bed. He picks her up, and she wraps her arms around his neck immediately "Dad. I'm so sorry." Brendon shakes his head "Maya you've got nothing to be sorry for. You're going to be okay kiddo." He places her in the wheelchair, and she sighs, still holding his hand as he begins to push the wheelchair out of the hospital.

a/n: yikes hi i'm grace i'll hurt the characters you love

also there's 3 days until i shave my head and i've raised $1,120 ??? wild ??? should i do a face reveal the day before and then show y'all me as an egg lmao

grace x