Ch.38

Ch 38

Catherine's POV

I cried for about 30 minutes. I tried to stop but the tears just kept coming. I guess thats what happens when your dreams get crushed.

I hadn't let anyone come and visit me for the past day and a half. I just needed to be alone.

I heard a faint little knock at the door.

I was laying on my side not even bothering to turn around to face the person.

They entered slowly and sat on the edge of my bed.

I didn't want to speak to anyone, not even Robbie. I didn't him to see me like this. I was a wreck, not really what you want your boyfriend to picture you as.

The person cleared there throught and said "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

I turned around in surprise "Your here."

"Ya, standing you up one time was bad enough, I wasn't gonna do it again." Logan hung his head in shame.

"Logan, why didn't you come the first time?" I asked him in a mean tone.

"Cat, I couldn't bear to see in such a bad place. You have no idea how I felt seeing you lay in that hospital bed." He pleaded

"Really? Imagine how I felt when my best friend didn't come." I looked him in the eye. "I needed you Logan and you weren't there."

"Well I'm here now." He said placing his hand over mine but I yanke it away. "Catherine! You have to stop shutting people out! You have so many people who love you, me, Bri, Burkley, Dylan, Tyler, Blake!... Robbie. Catherine just let us help you." He was starting to raise his voice, tears rushing towards his eyes. And if you have ever met logan lerman he never cries.

"I don't need help!"

"Yes you do. Look at you, you're a mess! Trust me if you could see yourself you would be so pissed about what you are right now." He said.

"Oh! And what am I right now, Logan?" He was getting me upset.

"You're pathetic."

Thats when I slapped him. I slapped him so hard my hand was throbbing.

He stood up from the bed.

"You're stronger than this. I know you. Its tough right now, but you are going to pull through." He said before storming out of my room.

What Logan said stuck. I needed to stop moping around like a pathetic loser. I mean I am Catherine Dimanno for christs sake. I am better than this.

I got out of the Hospital bed. Th doctor gave me strict orders not to get out and do any physical activity but I needed to get out of this room.

This room just kept reminding me that I can no longer be Max Ride.

I slipped into my jeans and put on a light pink swet shirt. I threw my hair in a pony tale and ran out.

I snuck down the hall and past the front office.

No one questioned me because I had my hood up.

I swung open the doors and felt the heat of the sun. I was free. The feeling was sensational. I can't even describe how could it felt to be out of that place.

I walked down the street and jumped on the bus. I knew exactly where I wanted to go.

I wanted to go see the person who I could trust most. The person who I have never lied and has never lied to me. The person that could almost always put a smile on my face. The person I considered family.