25 :- Sorely Misinformed

XXV. Sorely Misinformed

Madison Shepherd

“Oh my God!” Taralynn was staring at me open mouthed in shock. I had just relayed what had transpired between me and Angelo only the day before. “I can’t believe he actually did that, Madison,” she gasped again. “I mean, it doesn’t sound like Angelo at all. Why would he do something like that?”

“Because he’s hateful and he’s trying to act out,” I sighed. I had wanted to call jasper and tell him about it too but I trumped the idea quickly enough. Jasper would not be happy to know that I had gone to see my psychotic ex-boyfriend without notifying him and who could blame him, really? After all that Jasper had done for mew the least I could do was tell him what my plans were with Angelo. If I had actually told him, perhaps he might have stopped me form going there to make a fool of my side. Images of his mocking look and his sharp words flashed through my mind and I struggled valiantly to block them out but I couldn’t. Why couldn’t I? Because even at his worst place, I just could not let him go, like a very unhealthy obsession I wanted a real reason as to why all this was going on. I wanted to know the real reason behind it. It wasn’t just the fact of Jasper, it was something else.

Taralynn was silent as she studied me. We were at Jasper’s apartment, I had invited her over because Jasper said he was going to be away for a few days and he didn’t want to leave me alone. I didn’t want to go home to my father for fear of confronting him and actually hearing the real truth. That Angelo had been right and he had been paying off the mafia. Angelo said he had hired them to eliminate opposition, did he have them killed? From what I knew the Colombians were the most ruthless of organizations and my dad had somehow gotten himself mixed up with them. It couldn’t get any worse than that.

“So, now what are you going to do?” she asked me softly. “Do you still love him?”

“I don’t know Tara,” I sighed, “After everything that he’s put me through, I’d just want nothing more than to despise him... but…. I don’t know. I have to forget about him, I should forget about him. I mean, when I have Jasper here, I sometimes don’t know what I’m doing thinking about Angelo.”

“Jasper?” she frowned. “What do you mean?”

“It’s just that Jasper has always been there for me, Tara,” I sighed. “When this whole thing with Angelo started, Jasper was the one person that I could go to and he would listen. He never tried anything and…. I just feel so guilty about all this.”

“So… have you forgotten that jasper is the whole reason that this whole mess all started in the first place?” Taralynn quickly reminded me harshly.

“Tara, Jasper didn’t do this. I did ok? I was keeping way too many secrets from Angelo. I’ll admit that, part of this is my fault. If I had just been straight with Angelo from the very start this all wouldn’t have happened.”

“Yeah right,” she scoffed, “Like he didn’t swoop in with is Australian charm and private jet and private island. You can’t tell me you’re that naïve; obviously jasper has been trying to make a move on you since.”

“Look I’ll admit that he’s admitted his intentions.”