12 Jasper Marc-Nuoah

XII. Jasper Marc- Nuoah

Song of The Day:- Without my Heart by Tiwa Savage &and Don Jazzy.

Madison Shepherd

A week later as I got home from school I found my father sitting in the living room waiting for me. Ignoring him I prepared to go straight to my room when he called me.

"Madison, can I talk to you for a second?'

Steeling myself for yet another confrontation, I went back into the living room and sat across from him deliberately looking in another direction.

"What do you want Daddy?' I asked coldly.

"I realize I am being a little unfair to you," he began.

"A little," I retorted snippily.

He ignored my remark, "And I decided to cut you a deal. You're not grounded if you use your need freedom to see other friends."

"I see Taralynn and Avery everyday," I replied curtly.

"I wasn't talking about Taralynn and Avery," answered Dad simply,

"I was talking about Jasper."

"Jasper?" I blinked in surprise, "Jasper Marc-Nuoah?"

"How many other Jaspers do you know?'

"So if I go out with Jasper, I'm not grounded anymore?" I raised my brows, appalled.

Dad smiled. "Essentially."

"Dad that's blackmail."

"No it's a deal," he corrected and said, "Jasper's a really nice kid. You should get to know him. Do that and you're not grounded anymore. Sounds about fair doesn't it?"

I bit my lip hesitantly and he smiled brightly, "Great! Why don't you go ahead to Ocean View hotel now, he's waiting for you.

I narrowed my eyes and asked, "Did you set this up?" he only shrugged and would not say.

Thirty minutes later, I found myself at Ocean View and was led to their opulent restaurant. I spotted Jasper easily in a crisp white shirt, dark jeans, and tanned skin. He raised one wrist to look at a silver Rolex then looked toward the door and spotted me.

Rising, he offered a lethal smile and said, "Madison, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Give it up, Jasper," I said sharply, he recoiled and frowned.

"What are you talking about?" he asked puzzled.

"I know you somehow convinced my dad to make me go out on a date with you, " I continued coldly, "and I want you to know I don't think it's nice at all."