18- Swaying To The Dark Side

• Dedicated to Bhusorlar Adegbayibi

XVIII. Swaying To the Dark Side

Song of the day: - You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You by James Arthur

How Many Drinks by Miguel ft Kendrick Lamar

Angelo Tallerico

Father..... Father.... Father....

That word mocked me over and over again. How many times had I dreamed of meeting my real father? A million times and over. As a little boy, I had fantasized about running up to him. He would catch me up and hug me to his chest and call me his own darling boy. He would play catch with me in the yard and take me fishing... He would promise to always be with me and never leave me. As I got older the dreams faded, but I wished I had a real father, Nonno was great but he was Mama's father not mine. Even Enrique, he was Arianna and Giulian's father, not mine. Well after years of wishing, my wish had finally come true, only it was not in the form I wanted. On the contrary, it took the worst form possible. Like a dreadful apparition from a nightmare. My father was Kendrick Marc-Nuoah. Why on earth did life just decide very bad things my way? Had I been a Nazi in my other life? Wrong choice of words. And was this my punishment?

I walked past the tourists on the road. It was late, very late even for me to be outside. I checked my watch and it read 1:24 AM. Sighing, I sank down onto a bench at the bus stop and held my head in my hands. For the thousandth time I thought, it’s not true... It can't be true....

Yes it is.... a voice in my head taunted back. It's very true.

I thought back to when my mother told me about him. She had said he was a business man and he was married. But God! Kendrick Marc-Nuoah! My father. So that would make his son Jasper my brother. Albeit half brother, but still. So messed up!

"Angelo?" I looked up to see Damien Salvadoré staring down at me curiously. He cocked an eyebrow, "You don't look so good? And what are you doing around here? You ok? You on that stuff?"

I shook my woodenly.

Damien put his foot on the spot next to me and leaned forward.  "Tell me," he said.

I don't know why I did but I said, "I just found out who my real father is."