7 Angelo To My Rescue

VII.  Angelo To My Rescue

Song of The Day:- Free Run by Chris Brown

  Madison Shepherd

  The football game between our school and North Hollywood High was a close call but the mighty eagles pulled through. I and Avery retired to her house to get ready. I bought a red strapless dress that ended above my knees, Avery helped curl my hair and applied light make up.

  "We are so going to rock tonight!" declared Avery and I smiled weakly. We went downstairs to find Cole and Clark waiting for us. Clark looked handsome in his black suit with his hair slicked back.

"You look real pretty," he said shyly and handed me my corsage.

"Thanks. You look handsome too," I replied.

Mr and Mrs Tanner took pictures and fussed over us giving stern warning looks to the boys before ushering us into the limousine Cole had rented. Our school hall had been transformed into a ball room with strobe lights everywhere and music blasting from the speakers. Avery, I and our dates scanned the room for Taralynn.

"Why, hey there Madison," Lori's icy voice said to me. I tucker to see her in a hot pink dress that was so short it should have been a shirt and her chest was almost spilling out. She was holding on to a cranky looking Carson and sneering at me.

"Won't you introduce me to your date?" she smirked. I glanced at Carson who looked uncomfortable in his expensive Armani suit.

"Why don't you just leave Lori?" Avery said derisively , "You're really irritating you know."

"I'll ignore that," Lori snapped at her.

"This is Clark," I said stiffly. "Nice to see you Carson."

"Yeah, likewise," he nodded, "you look nice."

"Didn't anyone think to invite Angelo Tallerico?" Lori remarked in.bored tones that taunted me. "I thought you would have at least invited him, Madison."

"Taralynn is coming with him," I snapped.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed."Taralynn of course."

"Did someone mention my name?" Taralynn asked gaily as she broke into our little circle. I looked at her dark escort and a small gasp escaped my lips. Angelo stood tall and proud in a white tuxedo, black trousers, black shirt and white bow tie.  His hair was tousled as usual giving him a look of sexy aloofness.

"Taralynn," drawled Lori, "We were just talking about you."

"Sorry I'm late," said Taralynn, "Angelo took me to dinner first."

"Angelo took you to dinner?" questioned Lori looking then over,I could see the flash of envy as she eyed Angelo hungrily.

"Isn't he handsome?" giggled Taralynn as she reached up to pinch his cheek.

"Tara!" complained Angelo. 

"He's too modest," she winked at me and I forced a weak smile. "And Madison your dress is just killing it! Doesn't she look gorgeous Angelo?"

I liked the way his golden eyes assessed me, not hungrily or lustful the way Carson was wont to do, but like he was appreciating something good. He thought I was beautiful and he didn't need to say it.

"Si," he replied without taking his eyes off me, "Senhora físico divino."

"Oh, I just love a man who knows his Latin tongue,! Taralynn cooed, "A pity he didn't reserve one for me." Carson and Lori slunk away and we all laughed.