[22]: Confronting the issue

Natsumi's pov:

Seems like __ is back. I'm happy in a way to have her back, but the awkwardness just keeps on creeping in. I wonder what they were discussing about just now? They were hanging around with each other all morning?

___ was acting a bit strange though. Its not like she was blushing or anything. I'm not so sure but maybe she doesn't have a crush on Levi. Maybe the reason why she was upset, because of another reason.

But I still have a chance with Levi; so I'm not going to let go!

Right now, we are sitting on the grassy area of the school. It's quite a lovely day, so I should've brought my sunglasses.

I looked at Levi, he looked somewhat stressed, yet content at the same time. I decided to sit next to him, and ___ sat across. I saw her shuffle a bit.

Now what's her problem? I'm just taking my opportunity~

I smiled to myself, of my successful attempt, Levi didn't seem to even mind because he stayed still.

"Tch, its too bright" he complained. "Well you should've brought your sunglasses" I instructed. Levi was lying down on the grass, so he looked up lazily at me. "Tch, those pieces of plastic irritate my face." He moaned.

___ and I both chuckled. I decided to lie down too on the grass. Another attempt~

I looked at Levi, and he looked at me. "Brat" he said while flicking my forehead. "You're copying me?" I chuckled, "You seem so relaxed so I thought the grass was comfy to lie on too!"

I heard shuffling and looked, and saw ___ fiddling with something in her bag. I've been noticing she does that quite a lot lately, especially when I'm talking to Levi.

"Oh look, do you see that cloud?" I pointed. "Yes I do, it looks like wings" Levi answered. "The wings of freedom." We said simultaneously. Eventually, we both ended up chuckling at our little joke. Ahh that was sweet!

But then the shuffling got a little louder. "___ are you alright?" Levi asked concerned. She looked up from her bag hastily and replied, "Y-yeah, I'm alright!" However Levi don't look satisfied. "Have you lost anything, because you've been doing that since earlier..."

___ looked up a little an blushed, "I was just checking my timetable that's all, heh~"

Is she sure that's all though? Doesn't seem exactly right.

Levi suddenly stood up, I was going to ask him where he's going, but he then said, "Sorry guys, I just realised I had to hand in an assignment." He said with a poker face.

I just nodded my head and he walked off. There was a moment of silence, so then I spoke up. "Hey... ___ are you alright?" She looked up, and smiled. "Yeah I'm alright, just worried about my grades, I mean, Mr Zacharius warned me after lesson about my food tech grades."

"I see. But, I mean, I'm worried about you. I've noticed, you've been more distant lately. Ever since... that Saturday you invited me around your house... and I confessed my true feelings about Levi...?" I concluded. I looked at her face, and her eyes were slightly wider yet she seemed slightly absent-minded.

I needed to know the answer now. "You know when you said... when you don't like anyone, are you sure that's true though?" I asked. "Of course of course it is!" She replied hastily while smiling. But that doesn't look genuine. Why don't you tell me the truth?!

"I told you, Natsumi, dear, I don't like anyone, no one interest me." She repeated. But I have a feeling you're lying. "Are you sure about that..." I said, trying to keep my composure, "What about Levi...?" Now that's the answer that I dreaded.

I studied her face carefully, her cheeks went kind of pink, and she stared into my eyes, while saying, "I d-dont like anyone okay!!!" She raised her voice nervously.

I'd had it up to here with her lies. "Why do you keep lying to me!! I thought we were best friends??! Stop lying, its driving me insane!! Do you like Levi or not?? Because you're acting really strange now and can't take it anymore!!!" I yelled in her face.

I let off some fumes after all this time. I'd realised I had my hands squeezing her shoulders the whole time too. ___ looked at me wide eyed, with shock. She's never seen me act so ferocious before. I think I drove her over her limit.

___ eventually came back to her senses after a few seconds, and then backed away from me. I let my arms fall to my sides in shock, and she hastily grabbed her bag, and then hurried away.

What have I done...?