Rhu

Kya is sitting with the other girls all who are older than her while one braids her hair.

So your fire is multicolored? yeah. Kya says thats so pretty!

She goes silent when the door opens and soldiers begin to file into the room.

Kya pales and the other girls move to cover her protecting her. She looks down holding her cloak around her.....I want...her. She hears him say.

She looks up at him and sees that he's from the meeting. Sir Shea says she belongs to- I don't care.

Kya is pulled by one of the other girls to change and she comes out wearing very little clothes. The guard pulls her away and practically drags her along with him to his room.

He pushes her against the wall and its like he's trying to swallow her face he quickly tilts her head back and forces something down her throat...Kya begins to shake and if she hadn't been forced to drink that potion she would've burnt him to a crisp .....dance for me he says getting off her Kya kneels down and shakes her head. he firebends and she dodges avoiding the flame. She stands and glares at him. she holds the figurine in her pocket. As he says you enjoyed that little flower wench? he laughs and pulls her into the bed Kya only sees red as she tries to fight the man's hands ..she stills after feeling a burning sensation on her leg and she becomes motionless...theres an explosion and gentle hands are on her.

No!

No! she cries

NO! Zuko picks up the struggling Kya and runs to his room with her.

He places the shaking girl onto his bed.

Not knowing what else to do he has a servant send for a female healer Kaylle comes into the room and bows to Zuko who waves her off not bothering to mask the concern on his face.

he turns to the two please not a word to my father about this. they both nod.

he turns to Kaylle please help her. of course Prince Zuko. he nods and he leaves and comes back in his sleep pants without his shirt on he lays on his couch and says wake me if she is in need of me. Kaylle nods and smiles slightly at the boys concern.

She gently uncovers the girl and finds that her left leg is burnt badly and she's worked up to a fever. she pulls the figurine out of her hand and sets it on the table beside her. She moves the girl to the bath and cleans her up and the poor thing is crying and shaking but eventually relaxes as she's dressed again and put back into the bed Kaylle puts solvent on her burns and wraps them Kya's eyes flutter and the healer shushes her and coaxes her to sleep.

It is morning when the healer and servant leave and Zuko who is awake turns to her. She will be better in a few hours Prince Zuko - did he?

No Prince Zuko but it was close I will be back to check on her this evening Zuko nods and the servant says let me know if either of you need anything ..Kaylee and the servant leave after bowing.

Zuko sits with the girl holding her hand and he stares at the figurine. Suddenly the small figurine begins to glow and Zuko jumps up and he gasps in shock when the figurine is gone and there is a full sized dragon standing there. Zuko stares at the dragon and the dragon stares back.

Rhu? Kya mumbles and the dragon turns from him to the sleeping girl.

Rhu....she hugs his muzzle. She stays like that for a few hours and Zuko constantly looks at the door and opens it carefully when a servant comes to give him and Kya food. Thank you he says taking it and closing the door quickly.

When Kya wakes up she sees Rhu and she looks at Zuko and says

oh no. Zuko simply smiles at her and he says I am sure you have a complely logical explanation as to why there is a dragon in my room. Well...I...and why moments before he was a figurine! Kya sighs.

And then Rhu speaks I am Kya's protector and I have been with her since the day she was born watching over her I could not reveal myself until she was imprisoned by the red lotus.

Wait the who? An evil bunch of psychopaths that want to rid the world of the avatar. She curls up her legs and they wanted to use me to do it. She sighs.

I tricked them made them think I thought like them but I was young and they overpowered me and threw me in a prison. I dont know how your father knew about me but he found out and now...she stops.  

I would've come out when that .....solider was hurting Kya but I knew it would only put her in more danger but I couldn't stand it any longer - so you revealed yourself to me? Zuko asks his voice quiet.

Yes Prince Zuko I revealed myself to you because even as a small statue I was able to judge you.

And? It is not up to me to show you the meaning of fire that job belongs to the masters. The masters? Hum? Kya says.

Zuko senses that she doesn't want to talk about it anymore and Rhu turns back into a figurine as someone knocks on the door. Zuko opens the door.  

Yes? He says.

Prince Zuko you and your....slave are required in the war room.

We will be there soon. Zuko says and he shuts the door.

Kya I need you to come with me.

He helps her up and hands her some clothing.

She changes into the clothing and shivers. It's only until we come back out he promises. He guides her down the hall and into the war room. Kya keeps her head down and stands against the wall.  

Prince Zuko I need you and your sister to go to Ember island for the weekend I need to have a private meeting. And take Mai and ty lee with you.

What about my slave? Zuko says gritting out the word.

She will remain here under my supervision.

I require her with me Zuko says. Ozai studies his son and grins.

Very well I am glad that you are enjoying your wench.

Leave now. He says.

Zuko takes Kya's hand and leads her from the room.

They get back to his room and he says I think it's time you met Ty Lee,Mai and Azula.

Here he says you can change. Kya smiles and hurries to change into the two piece red dress in the bathroom and she comes back out and he smiles at her. She follows him to the garden where two girls are talking by a tree one is on her hands and the other is tossing knifes at a tree.

Zuko!

The one on her hands says. Ah she's cute!

Ty lee this is....Kya.

Why is she here? The other girl asks bored.

Because she was sold to me. The other girl goes silent.

She yanks a knife out of the tree and studies the girl and says I'm Mai.

Kya. Hum..want to feed the turtle ducks? Zuko asks.

Ok. Kya says smiling and following him. They sit down and he hands her some bread. Kya turns when she sense a shadow over her.

I see you treat your slave well. Azula Zuko says.

When Kya bows slightly.

Then she turns and goes back to the feeding. I heard that she is quite a fire bender.

What do you say little slave girl? Zuko puts up a hand.

She can't bend Azula they make her take herbs for it.

What a shame. Azula says. I heard she can dance.

Really? Ty lee says. You can dance?

Well it's more like a fire bending routine maybe you can show us on ember island! Ty lee says excitedly.

Yeah. Kya says looking in the water.

Azula and her friends leave.