Owner

Kya wakes up to the sound of the lift moving.

She gets behind Rhu and he says

calm child ....she peers from behind him at the visitors.

They're fire nation guards.

she looks pleadingly at Rhu and he looks at her sadly and in a flash of light returns to a figurine.

She pockets him and turns away from the gate.

The door is unlocked and she hears the clinking of gold.

A guard comes in and says you have just been sold to the fire nation.

He unlocks her chains only to chain her up again.

They grip her underarms and drag her to an airship and toss her into a confinement cell.

Clothes are tossed in and the guard says change or I'll make you.

Kya glares daggers at him and then when he leaves she changes out of her clothing only putting back on her red hooded cloak.

A few hours later they clap her in chains and lead her out of the airship and the guard turns to her and says you are property now.

Kya doesn't say anything. Eat this the guard says as she is led to the throne room.

Kya closes her mouth and the guard thrusts her head back and forces the herbs into her mouth and she feels tired and lethargic

what did you do to me?

That neutralized your bending. He says with a grin.

Bring her out! is heard from within and he pushes her through the curtain and Kya looks up to see an intimidating man sitting on a throne.

Kya looks at him in the eyes her eyes blazing with her inner fire that has been contained.

Prince Zuko meet your slave he says.

And you girl show some respect. Kya slowly lowers her head.

She feels a strong hand grip her arm and head her from the throne room and through the halls and into another room.

He takes out a key and unlocks her chains. Thank you Kya whispers. 

Zuko who had turned from her doesn't smile but turns to her and says

your welcome.

She doesn't say anything else. Now then Zuko says he turns to her and sees that she's wearing a robe and sweating slightly are

you alright?

Zuko says shaking her slightly and her dragon figurine falls from her pocket.

Zuko bends down and picks it up. He studies the figure what is this? he asks softly.

It's Rhu. Kya says....its all I have left of..she stops.

All you have left of what? My parents she says.

Zuko's face changes he hands the dragon back and says keep him safe.

Kya nods. Zuko scratches the back of his head and he says

do you know how to play Pai sho?

Kya smiles and nods.

How about a game?

Okay. Kya says and they sit down together at his tea table.

A few minutes later Kya beats Zuko.

Kya's face reddens.

I'm sorry.

Dont apologize he says quickly. It was a fair game.

A servant comes in and brings them dinner and after dinner Kya lays on the couch while Zuko studies some scrolls.

Kya wakes up early and sees that Zuko is mediating.

He doesn't look at her but he says the guard dropped off your herbs.

oh. Kya says.

He stands up

but I am curious what kind of bender are you?

Fire. Kya says.

Can you show me?

Kya smiles and opens her hand and reveals a colorful fire.

Thats...beautiful he says....I've never seen anything like it. he smiles  at her.

Theres another knock on the door after they eat breakfast and

Zuko opens it to reveal a servant. yes? Firelord Ozai requests your presence at a war meeting and he requires your slave to come as well.

Zuko nods and shuts the door and turns to a shaking Kya.

He pitches his nose and pulls out an outfit and hands it to her go and wash up and met me back in here.

Kya nods and she goes into he other room where servants help her get ready do her hair and makeup.