Halloween feast

Four days later

Kya is walking along side Professor Snape as they go t the great hall. She's wearing a spare set of school robes and she pulls at the strange fabric. Kya payed outside of the large double doors and she smoothes the robes once more. She breathes deeply and the clothing material changes into something lighter and comfortable.

"What did you do?!" Professor Snape asks. Kya raises an eyebrow and he blinks. "It was just different!"

"It only appears as you see it." Kya says.

"An illusion?"

"Not quite." Kya says and then the doors open and Kya begins to walk to the platform at the end of the house tables and she sits down on the wooden stool.

"Kya Black" the deputy headmistress says and she places the worn out hat on her head.

Ahhh...interesting you are older then you appear...Humm yes I see ...clever ...bright...you protect your own...you are brave without being rash. Let's see...yes I believe you will do well there...

SYLTHERIN!

The hall is silent as Kya removes the worn hat from her head and the crest on her robes changes to green with a silver snake. She watches a familiar boy stand and begin to clap and slowly others begin to follow before the Slytherin table and then Ravenclaw and Huffelpuff tables follow suit. There's a scattered applause at the Gryffindor table and Kya sits down.

"Miss Black I do hope you feel most welcome...let me remind Al students that the forbidden forest is forbidden as well as the third floor corridor if you do not wish to die a most painful death..now let's eat!" He says as the platters and serving trays begin to fill.

Scattered around the table are pitchers with juice and milk. A kettle sits on a hot plate with tea and Kya sees the noodles with spices and various vegetables and meats. As well as an assortment of breads and fruit. Kya reaches for a kettle of tea when another girl swipes it from her. She reaches for the jug of milk and a boy swats her hand and takes it for himself. Kya draws her hand away and she begins to instead serve herself some noodles before adding spices to it.

"How did you escape?" Draco who had moved to sit next to her asks.

"I..I didn't. They...took me somewhere else" Kya whispers and she indicates with her head to the others who are not so subtly listening.

Draco nods and he says "did you find your papa?" Kya smiles and she pulls out a charmed necklace. There's a hammer a silver snake and a pair of dragons as well as a white lotus tile. Kya takes it off and shows Draco the snake. "He made this for me" Draco takes it and he strokes it. "It's magical!" He hisses. Kya nods and she puts it back on. She mixes up her noodles before beginning to make herself some tea at a tea station set up in front of her. Kya takes out the wand Severus gave her before she got her own and she says the fire spell softly and a small flame blooms as she begins to make the tea. Kya adds milk and then honey to her ginger tea. She takes out a teacup Zuko gave her before pouring it inside.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" A girls sharp voice asks as Kya goes to take a sip.

"Making tea" Kya says before taking a sip

The girl grabs it from Kya's hand and Kya stiffens standing she holds out her hand. "Kindly hand me my tea" Kya says holding out her hand. The girl holds out her hand and Kya goes to grab it the girl deliberately tosses the cup away and the sound it makes when it shatters pierces the hall.

"Oops here let me get rid of that for you - ..." Kya holds up her hand and the girl backs away. "You will step back!" Kya says her voice calm but sharp. Kya bends down and she waves her wand clearing the split tea away.