Tea and cake

Kya and Loki step out onto the terrance and Kya goes over to the railing and she looks out at the colored sky. She jumps and turns when she hears a young child's voice.

"Daddy!" She smiles as a small boy with black hair and one green eye and one gold run to Zuko who catches him and lifts him onto his shoulders. Kya notices he had taken off his royal outer robes and laid them over a chair. Iroh and Bumi enter next and Iroh grins when he sees the young boy.

"Hello Lu Ten"
He reaches for Iroh who carefully takes him down from Zuko's shoulders. Kya turns away and she grips the railing. She looks out into the sky.....

Zuko comes beside her and he says "what's on your mind?" Kya glances back and she sees Loki showing Lu Ten his magic.

"School" Kya whispers.

"School?" Zuko says. Kya nods and she says "in another place ...I'd have to stay there."

Kya's hand shakes and Zuko wraps his hand around hers.

"Your grandfather loves you Kya. He wouldn't leave you somewhere unsafe"

Kya squeezes Zuko's hand.

"Did you tell her?" Kya whispers.

"Yes. after Lu ten was born. I was so scared..." Kya smiles and she says "you have a great capacity for love Zuko"

"I was terrible" he whispers.

"No. You were kind" Kya whispers. Zuko turns Kya towards him and he pulls her close. He gently lifts her head and he says "how long until you must leave for school?"

"Papa said I could stay here for an entire week...but after we would head straight for the town where the school is. He wants me to meet my professors he..."

"Kya...who is Loki?" Zuko asks softly.

"He's ..."

Kya looks around her eyes widening and she says "papa? Papa!" Zuko gently but firmly grabs her shoulders. Kya's eyes are wide and unfocused.

"Kya do you hear me?"

"Kya ..." Kya begins to shake and Zuko quickly lowers her to the ground.

"Song!" Song rushes over and she kneels down and says

"what's happened?" She's she's ...

Kya begins to shake as if she is being shocked and Zuko runs and gets his cloak and he puts it under her. Iroh hurries their son away and moments later Paku has joined them with a bowl of water.

"What's happened?" He asks his voice brisk.

"I think..."

"Papa ...papa" Kya's voice is frantic and Zuko takes her hand.

"Your papa isn't here Kya. It's me Zuko"

"But you're ...they took you" Kya says.

"It's alright I got away" Kya tries to speak but nothing comes out.

"Easy now...Song helps Kya sit up and Iroh returns with a tea to help Kya sleep..." Kya is helped to drink it and her head goes backwards and she begins shaking once more.

After about an hour Kya finally stills and Master Paku is able to access her stare with water.

Once she is stable they move her to what used to be Ty lee and Mai's chambers which is right across the hall from Song and Zuko.

Kya sleeps peacefully as Iroh takes watch over her. He flips through a book the kioshi warriors recovered from her things. The rest of which lay on the dresser. Zuko knocks before he comes in followed by Song.