Asgard Adjustments

One month later...

Kya is swinging from her newly crafted swing beside the garden with her grandfather's plants. She swings as a way to relax herself and think. Loki had to go away to negotiate a trade deal with one of the surrounding realms. Kya stops swinging when she hears footsteps. She slowly stands and goes behind the tree to watch.

She sees the mean lady walking with Thor her great uncle and a few others

"Surely you know why Loki has a student" she says.

"Sorcerers are valuable in Asgard. This girl has no where to go and she encountered my brother and caught his eye" Thor says.

"What is he planning?"

"Oh please Sief not even he would act against Asgard."

"I wouldn't put it past him" Kya hides once more as the voices come closer. She listens as a servant comes to send Thor away.

"Pardon me Prince Thor you are needed in the throne room" Kya hears Thor sigh and he says "don't get into any trouble" he kisses her forehead and Kya watches him leave.

She looks at the tree and pulls herself up onto the third branch. She sits against the tree trunk and she takes out her notebook to draw.

"There you are!" Kya looks down and sees the woman.

"Oh how nice you've missed me. I shouldn't have to remind you this is Prince Lokis private garden" Kya says.

"What are you doing here you little...ingrate?" She says as the other warriors come up next to her.

Kya sighs and she adjusts herself on the tree and she says "Loki said I should spend time outside ...it's good for my chi"

The woman's eyes narrow and she says "you're lying!" Kya sighs and she points up at the sun.

"I'm not. Sunlight revives the chi magic or not I'm still a fire bender"

"He's teaching you magic! Only cowards learn magic" she says.

"Cowards?" Kya says softly.

"Yes. You should train to be a proper warrior!" She says.

Kya stands up on the tree limb and balances.

"Who heals your wounds when you're injured on the battle field?"

"I don't see what - .."

"Who distracts the enemy - ..,"

"What does - ..."

Kya vanishes and reappears behind the woman. She reaches up and taps her shoulder.

"You shouldn't insult something you don't understand. Just because you have no understanding of the complexities of magic doesn't mean you don't benefit from those who use it."

Kya's eyes flash and she stands with her arms crossed while the woman pulls her sword

"fight me like a warrior!" Sief says.

"No" Kya says. She begins to walk away and Sief says "fight for your honor!"

Kya stops. She turns to the woman. The sword vanishes and reappears and Kya directs it so it emends itself into the tree.

"What! How dare you- ..." Kya cocks her head. "What is going on here?"

Kya turns and sees Thor.  "look at what she did to my sword!" Sief says.

"Kya you know not to play with magic return Lady Sief's sword"

He says. Kya turns her face so Thor doesn't see her eyes flashing she waves her hand and the sword is stuck in the ground instead of the tree.