❥Chapter Thirty-three❥

Written by ChemicalWonderland

Ash POV

I've never felt so disoriented in my life. I've been conscious for a while, left in a mostly dark room with no chance of escape. Trust me, I've examined every inch of space as far as I can see for anything I could use to cut the ropes binding me in place, and my chair has been securely bolted to the ground.

I'm terrified for Everett. I have no idea what his dad is doing to him and the thought is terrifying. I can only pray to fate that he won't die here.

Harsh, shrill screams suddenly cut through the silence, sounding like they belong to Everett. The difference between dead silence and instantaneous noise is shocking, nearly giving me a heart attack.

I cry out for him, but my voice doesn't seem to carry too far, not making it past the four walls restricting me. I feel desperation claw at my throat, tears welling behind my eyelids.

This is the Everett who has saved me from years of torturous abuse, who's cared for me, taken me in, loved me. And now, when he needs saving, I'm utterly helpless, trapped in some small room surrounded only by my own thoughts that are drowned out by his wails of pain.

The start of tears make their way down my face as I think of everything I've done to deserve the torture and not him. I pull at my restraints, irritating my wrists and rubbing them raw till they bleed, all the while the picture of Everett's face in my mind taunting me, his crys ringing in my ears.

I've got to take his punishments, I think to myself, not caring about anything else at the moment but Everett.

I bite down on my lip viciously, holding back a waterfall of tears.

Everett.

His screams crescendo, rough and grating and filled with sorrow.

Everett.

I'm helpless, helpless to rescue him.

Everett