❥ Chapter Eleven ❥

Written by DeadlyDisasters

Everett's POV

"I was so close, you got lucky if you had just been a minute later I would have won." Ash insists to me as we ate breakfast.

We are eating scrambled eggs with lots of shredded cheese. I had cooked them since Ash has never cooked before in his life, I find that very strange. I just nod my head and continue scrolling through the news on my phone. I saw many articles commenting on the note I left, everyone is trying to figure out who's handwriting it is. They'll never figure it out.

"This reminds me," I showed him the news article I was looking at.

"Did I tell you I left a note at one of the victim's houses last night?"

"No, what did you say?" He asked me before he shoved a fork full of eggs into his mouth.

"Normal stuff like they'll never catch me and I'll kill them. Oh yeah, I also mentioned I was working with someone." I said waving my hand in the air for a little effect.

"Cool." Ash says as he gets up to put his dishes in the sink. Seriously, that's all I get. I remembered to include him, he should be happy. I grumble to the rest of my eggs.

"What are you mumbling?" Ash asks me. I shake my head and finish my eggs.

"How did you sleep after last night's competition?"

"Fine, I would have slept better if I had won but whatever."

"You're such a sore loser." I laugh at him. He leaves the kitchen and I get up and put my dishes in the sink. I run the water and put soap on the bright blue sponge. As I wash the dishes, I think about how those detectives are running around in circles.

I think I'll go out with Ash tonight and kill a few more people. I plan to leave notes this time, taunting the detectives. They need to just stop trying they'll end up dead, leaving their families broken hearted. I smirk thinking about wives sobbing, children not understanding why their parents won't come home. It's fantastic.

I finish the dishes and rush upstairs. I grab some clean clothes and put them on, rushing out and knocking on Ash's door. He doesn't answer at first, I knock again and this time he opens the door. His room is still extremely bare, we need to go shopping for some paint or something.

"Come on, we are going out of state." I tell him and run downstairs to the basement. He follows me, he's quick. He caught up to me in no time, he grabs my shoulder and pulls me back to a stop.

"What do you mean 'out of state'?"

"Just what I said, we're going to mess with the detectives. We start killing at the edge of the state next to us and move in but we won't move in too far." I told him, I pulled my shoulder away and started rushing to get some weapons. I don't see his reaction but I know he's running right behind me.

*****

I'm driving down a little neighborhood in the next state over, looking for the perfect house. We get to the end of the street and I'm about to turn when Ash points out the little white house. The yard is nice and neat, grass perfectly cut. It's obvious someone puts a lot of time and care into it. The driveway is only wide enough for one car, the space is taken up by a little blue beetle.

The windows are open to let in the cool breeze and the front door is open. The storm door is locked, I can tell by the glint of metal between the door and door frame. Ash nods and pats the knife hidden under his shirt. He's wearing a nice dark green shirt that makes him look very friendly, even if he's not smiling. We get out of the car and I watch as the wind catches his hair, blowing it out of his pale face reveling his green eyes.

"You want to be the one to knock or should I?" I ask him, I glance at the door looking for any sign of movement. Nothing, whoever (probably a girl) lives here must be somewhere else in the house.

"I can feel the rush of adrenaline and anticipation running though me. I just want to go in and kill, I love this feeling. I've never felt this powerful ever in my life, it's intoxicating. I want this feeling to stay forever but sadly it doesn't. At least while I feel it I can kill those beneath me. So, it doesn't matter who knocks." He says with a genuine smile.

That's an excellent answer, would he ever feel that I'm beneath him and kill me too? I can't help that thought that pops into my head. I would love to think he wouldn't but, I've heard plenty of stories where the original killer is delivered death by the one he once took in and called a friend.

"What about me? Would you ever feel that I'm beneath you and kill me?"

"No, never. I could never kill the man who saved me and brought joy into my life for the first time in so long." Ash said, his smile staying firmly in place. I'm touched, I brought him joy and saved him but from what? I wish he would tell me but then again I never told him about my mother, my poor mama.

"Let's go, you can deliver the killing blow. I want to write a note."

We walk up the uncracked pavement driveway to the porch. I raise my fist and knock four times, we wait but not for long. A young blonde girl comes to the door, her hair cut short. She's wearing gray sweatpants and a pale pink tank top. She glances at us curiosity filling her eyes. She unlocks the glass door and holds it open.

"Yes?" She asks quietly, she must have been a shy girl at school when she was younger.

"We just wanted to give you some very important information, miss." I tell her, acting as gentlemanly as I can when delivering this news. I brush the back of my neck with my hand, signaling Ash.

"What?" She's obviously concerned.

"You're going to die." I tell her cruelly, Ash runs towards her. Knife in hand, he's able to make it in the door before the girl can run. The door slowly closes but I grab the handle and pull it open again. Ash drags the girl away from the door so I can shut it. She's wimpering, how cute. I take over and hold her down Ash starts cutting her skin, leaving small skilled wounds all down her arms. Her arms are flailing all over the place but Ash cuts deeper causing her to stop.

"Please! I'll do anything! STOP!" She screams but we won't. Ash moves the cuts up to her face. She's driving me crazy, that's when I remember the windows are open.

"Damn it! Kill her quick! The windows are open, anyone could have heard her screams!" I growl at him. He does as I say and swiftly cuts off her head, cutting her off mid-scream. I find a list of three things on the ugly yellow kitchen counter. I pull out my pen, cross off the objects and write with my left hand again.

Surprised to see us so far away aren't you. Try and catch us, I dare you.

Kisses,
The "Reapers"

*****
We ended up killing another ten people before we went back home. I lie in bed thinking of my brilliant notes, taunting those useless detectives. They're never going to catch us, others might say I'm being cocky but it's true. They haven't caught me yet and I've been doing this for about nine years, since I killed that stupid girl at fourteen.